A Good, Easy Desert - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-08-2008, 01:21 AM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

A Good, Easy Desert

For you chocolate peanut butter cup lovers.

Ingredients-
• 2 peanut butter cups, Reese's or any brand you prefer. The white chocolate ones are best.
• 1 scoop of good vanilla ice cream

Using a cleaver or chef's knife, cut up the peanut butter cups into little pieces. Put a big scoop of vanilla ice cream in the middle of a bowl. Sprinkle your chopped peanut butter cups over the ice cream. Optionally, drizzle with Bailey's Irish Cream.
Serve with a small glass of Bailey's Irish Cream on the side.

Enjoy.

Apologies if this is a duplicate post.

cats leave paw-prints on your heart
It takes a cat to turn a house from a cold building into a warm home.
Cats teach us it's the simplest things that really matter
John
eternal angel Arianwen
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-08-2008, 01:26 AM
Super Moderator

Re: A Good, Easy Desert

Even easier? Buy Reeses Cup ice cream!

Love the Bailey's addition - you know Heidi will be all over this! Drizzle and on the side!

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.
Always in my heart, my sweet Cali, running free at the Bridge.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-08-2008, 01:45 AM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

The thing about the Reese's Cup ice cream is they use the "standard" milk chocolate cups, and generic vanilla ice cream.
The white chocolate cups and really good vanilla ice cream, with specks of vanilla bean in it, make a big difference.
To me, the Bailey's is mandatory.

cats leave paw-prints on your heart
It takes a cat to turn a house from a cold building into a warm home.
Cats teach us it's the simplest things that really matter
John
eternal angel Arianwen
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-08-2008, 02:04 AM
Super Moderator

You're absolutely right! I love really good vanilla bean ice cream! Haven't tried the white Reese's cups yet. I'm hooked on enough bad things...

post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-08-2008, 03:25 AM
Banned

I've made a correction that'll mean it's much much nicer.

For you chocolate peanut butter cup lovers.

Ingredients-
• 2 peanut butter cups, Reese's or any brand you prefer. The white chocolate ones are best.
• 1 scoop of good vanilla ice cream

Using a cleaver or chef's knife, cut up the peanut butter cups into little pieces. Put a big scoop of vanilla ice cream in the middle of a bowl. Sprinkle your chopped peanut butter cups over the ice cream. Always drizzle with Bailey's Irish Cream.
Serve with a large glass of Bailey's Irish Cream on the side.
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-08-2008, 03:39 AM
Super Moderator

Most excellent change!

post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-08-2008, 05:50 AM
Premier Cat

It's 5:30 am as I read this and I want to run out and get Reese's PB cups so that I can make this dessert. I have all of the other ingredients .

Molly Brown December 2006- January 9, 2013
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-08-2008, 06:35 AM
Tom Cat

Mmmm Reese's are my favorite. We can only get them in one overpriced foreign store here and they don't always have them! I make my mom send me loads of the Christmas tree and Easter egg shaped ones when they're out! Haha

BTW I looove Moosetrack Ice Cream...it's got the cups in it already! So delicious. John, you're terrible, making me want to go out and buy some. I was JUST about to work out, but decided to check CF first...now I'll be working out and dreaming of perfect, delicious, creamy peanut butter cups the entire time!

Robin and...
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-08-2008, 09:27 AM
Premier Cat

I am a MAJOR chocolate and peanut butter FREAK! Is there really any other food group besides chocolate and peanut butter?

If you want a great icecream to calm that chocolate and peanut butter craving...........try Edy's Loaded Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup!

YUM!

It ranks right up there with my other fave, Ben and Jerry's Chubby Hubby!

Hubby made some really awesome peanut butter cookies this weekend too.......they were (and I stress the word "WERE") really peanut buttery and rich! I can post the recipe if anyone wants it.
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-08-2008, 12:05 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via Yahoo to my5kitties

Quote:
Originally Posted by OwnedByACat
I am a MAJOR chocolate and peanut butter FREAK! Is there really any other food group besides chocolate and peanut butter?
Same here! I could live on chocolate and peanut butter for the rest of my life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OwnedByACat
Hubby made some really awesome peanut butter cookies this weekend too.......they were (and I stress the word "WERE") really peanut buttery and rich! I can post the recipe if anyone wants it.
*raises hand and waves it wildly* Oooh, ooooh! Me, me!! I'd love that recipe. In addition to chocolate and peanut butter being the only thing I'd eat for the rest of my life, peanut butter cookies rank up there, too.

----------
Renιe
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page