hair style suggestions!! - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-09-2008, 05:51 PM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

hair style suggestions!!

I'm having a much needed hair cut on Saturday and, as usual, I have no idea as to what style to choose.

Any suggestions much appreciated

A couple of shots of me (taken about 5 minutes ago ). Please excuse the fact I'm looking very tired. Its rather late

My hair is very fine and straight so it is rather a challenge to get it to behave itself.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Photo 37.jpg
Views:	263
Size:	79.8 KB
ID:	897  

Click image for larger version

Name:	Photo 38.jpg
Views:	266
Size:	77.8 KB
ID:	898  

"FIV != PTS"
"SENIOR KITTIZENS ROCK! (between naps)"

Allie and Ridley

Toby - waiting at the rainbow bridge (2002-2011)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-09-2008, 07:23 PM
Premier Cat

Re: hair style suggestions!!

My hair is also fine/straight, though it seems as I am getting more gray and from the meds I've been on the last few years....it is getting a slight 'wave' to it. Your hair looks like it has a bit more body than my own, which tends to lay in flat, uninteresting lanks.

Your skin looks beautiful and I love your eyebrows. My own eyebrows are thin/light on the outer halves. May I suggest lightly plucking to neaten them up? I would go to a professional the first time*, so they can teach you how/where to pluck so you don't over-do it.
*I suggest this out of experience of a mistake when I tried to do it on my own.

Anyhow...on to the haircut!
I have recently gone short. I was losing a lot of hairs in the shower (meds) and it was depressing me, so I got it whacked off...and I love it!
My hair falls to about my chin, in length. I do have bangs, but I have begun styling them (blowdrier, round brush and pump hairspray) to the side with an off-center part. The back is called "stacked", where it is cut sort of like a man's style, but the upper hair, from the crown down, is still lengthy and falls to almost one length about an inch above the bottom of the back of my neck's boy-like cut. From that point, the hair is cut flat along the bottom towards the point of my chin. I wanted it angled more so it was short in the back and longer in the front, but my hair wouldn't behave, so it is mostly an even length all the way around, from the stack to my chin. Then, the stylist layered the long lengths, but only about an inch up into the longer lengths, so when I use my dryer/brush and roll my hair under, it floofs up a bit and has more body.
I will look for a photo, or have Hubby take one so I can show you.

Something I notice about this cut, is when I gather all of my hair into my hands and push it to the back of my upper neck, as if I were going to put it in a low hanging ponytail...it almost seems like the stylist could have just put it IN a ponytail and cut it off flat and the style would be there.

I find it to be easy-care. On weekends when we do property chores and prefer to shower later in the day, after all out chores, but I still have to go to town for something (parts) I can brush my hair and use the round brush and hair drier and get it to style again with a slight spritz of hairspray and it looks nice and presentable. Not going-out-to-dinner nice, but nice enough for public shopping.

I'm not sure about your current cut, but I think you'd be happy with a shorter cut/style at the back, moving forward into longer lengths that would be easy to brush/drier with a slight curve and hold with minimal hairspray or gel product. Something I like about this cut, is I can use small clips (cute ones) to help hold my hair in the style I wish, which is nice on windy days.
Heidi

post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-09-2008, 07:26 PM
Cool Cat

Send a message via Yahoo to mstx

Oh you can do what Im doing!!! I called around to a couple of the hairsalons I like to go to and asked them what the price for a cut and 3 colors would be- I found one that will charge me $100 for all of it. Im just going to go in to the salon Saturday, tell the girl "I have 100 dollars- I like chunky layers and hair no shorter than chin. Now do whatever you want and that includes if you want to color it!!"

But if thats to much for you here are some hair cuts that are shorter and really cut!!!
You could also get your hair highlighted to frame your pretty face!!! Some blondish highlights would look cute I think!!!
brittany murphy
I would love to be able to pull of Alyssa's hair style but I cant do short hair
Alyssa Milano
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-09-2008, 08:30 PM
Premier Cat

I am not a fan of the 'messy' look, though I like Britney Murphy's hairdo. Alyssa Milano...wow. She has aged. She's still very beautiful, but I cannot believe the amount of makeup she was wearing in that photo.

I like your face shape. You have a broad forehead, a good nose, nicely rounded cheeks yet with prominent cheekbones that go well with your chin and you have beautiful full lips. Your skin is so clear, you probably don't need to wear hardly any makeup at all to look good. I bet you could get away with a tiny bit of eyeliner in a brown color, some black mascara on the upper lashes and lip gloss. For a special evening on-the-town, use moisturizer and then a product of loose powdered minerals lightly brushed on before doing your eyes and lips. I think you could get away with almost any hairstyle with your face shape.
Have fun looking through these sites!

Scroll down a short bit:
The middle 'do.
http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=htt ... image&cd=1

Felicity Huffman in the silver dress, top row, far right 2 pics.
Also, the blond in the bottom row, far left pics.
http://www.totalhair.net/short-hair-sty ... yles-1.php

Short Hairstyles:
http://www.hairstylesdesign.com/gallery ... styles.php
Catherine Bell, this is similar to how mine will look when my bangs grow out. I think this would look lovely on you.
http://www.hairstylesdesign.com/gallery ... ll_386.php
Here is another Catherine Bell that I think would look cute on you, and very easy/quick to style:
http://www.hairstylesdesign.com/gallery ... ll_381.php

This may be a good hairstyle site to look through for you...
http://beauty.about.com/od/hairstylepho ... face_9.htm
http://www.hairstylesdesign.com/gallery ... ll_386.php

post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-10-2008, 02:13 PM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

Thanks for the tips guys ... and the compliments ....

I'm certainly looking for a easy to do style but one that is kinda funky - so I guess I need a fairly well defined cut or something.

I shall enjoy having a look though all those sites Heidi, thanks . I really appreciate all the work you did to get all that info.

I have had my hair coloured once before Megan, years ago - had highlights which looked good. But my budget is quite tight right now.

I usually pay 35 for a haircut (cut and finish) but went on a mission to get a better deal - found this place (http://www.karinejackson.co.uk/index.html) which also charges 35 but gives you 10 voucher if you register with their site. 10 off is pretty neat

I've just noticed they do eyebrows as well. I've never had my eyebrows done ... perhpas I should book myself in for one of those as well .... come to think of it, my nails need doing too...

"FIV != PTS"
"SENIOR KITTIZENS ROCK! (between naps)"

Allie and Ridley

Toby - waiting at the rainbow bridge (2002-2011)
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-10-2008, 04:09 PM
Premier Cat

Woo-woo! A pamper-yourself-at-the-spa day! Sometimes it just feels good to get the works done.

...a word of caution...I've never had my eyebrows waxed, they've only been plucked. I know nothing about waxing, other than it hurt like a sonofagun when I did my under-arms. Once.

post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-10-2008, 05:34 PM
Cool Cat

Send a message via Yahoo to mstx

Waxing doesnt hurt that much. I like it better bc its quicker than plucking.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page