Well, it wasn't strike 3! - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-09-2008, 08:35 PM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

Well, it wasn't strike 3!

Our water just went out again! Hubby called the plumber, and he said that means something is wrong, more than the electric panel that went out last time. He said possibly bare wire somewhere, but this means unless he can find it in the house, he's going to have to check the pump, and that will require pulling every thing up outside!

Last time our bill was more for his labor, than the actual part. He joked and said someone had to pay for that big fancy truck so he could get to his customers house. So not only will we have to pay to replace the electric panel again ($70), but now we'll be paying through the nose for him to find the problem, and we get to sit another night without water. I hope it's an easy find!

Sometimes I just wonder what I did to tick someone off that this stuff keeps happening!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-09-2008, 09:12 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Well, it wasn't strike 3!

I think you need to send hubs to the store to pick up Doc Gunterkat's remedy: some white chocolate Reese's cups, vanilla bean ice-cream and LOTS of Baileys. Eat (and drink) up!

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.
Always in my heart, my sweet Cali, running free at the Bridge.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-10-2008, 06:45 AM
Premier Cat

Don't drink too much since you don't have a pot to pee in.

I'm sorry that you are having such trouble. It really is hard when it keeps coming and coming.

Molly Brown December 2006- January 9, 2013
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-10-2008, 07:45 AM
Cat Addict

Plumbing problems can be so expensive when you have a well. We had the wires going down to our pump go bad a few years ago. The plumber/well guy doing the job said every time the pump turned on it jerked and rubbed the wires against the side of the well & they shorted out. We ended up replaceing the pump with a better one while they were down there because the biggest expense is having all that stuff raised out of the well. The old pump only had a couple more years of good expected anyway.
I really hope you get away with a much less expensive repair then we had and get your water back quickly. There is NOTHING that makes me grumpier then not getting my morning shower!

Sue

post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-10-2008, 02:31 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via MSN to Jeanie

"When it rains,--------"

Jeanie

A dog, I have always said, is prose; a cat is a poem. ~Jean Burden
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-10-2008, 02:38 PM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

Yeh! We have water! The plumber just left a bit ago. The problem was exactly the same thing that Sue (katlover13) mentioned in her post! Just from movement in the pump everytime it kicks in, over time, the wires wore out in one particular spot, and shorted out the electrical panel. The good news.......even with all his labor (and he was here quite a while), my bill wasn't nearly what I thought it would be! Todays cost was only $141! Less than the last bill! He said he gave us a break because he was just here for the same thing not long ago.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-10-2008, 02:55 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via MSN to Jeanie

Good!

Jeanie

A dog, I have always said, is prose; a cat is a poem. ~Jean Burden
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-10-2008, 03:52 PM
Cat Addict

I want your plumber!!! Does he work in Ohio?

Sue

post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-10-2008, 04:14 PM
Premier Cat

WAHHOOOO, a plumber with principals!

Molly Brown December 2006- January 9, 2013
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-10-2008, 06:42 PM
Super Moderator

His last customer must have paid his truck off!

Sounds like a nice, honest guy.

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.
Always in my heart, my sweet Cali, running free at the Bridge.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page