Foster Brooks... - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-12-2008, 04:10 PM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

Foster Brooks...

Heidi's recent inquiries on Victor Borge got me thinking of another comedian I remember watching skits of when I was a kid. Foster Brooks was THE MAN! In case you don't remember, he's the one whose whole gag was being a drunk, and word has it he never drank in real life! I found this clip of a Dean Martin Roast on Don Rickles with Foster Brooks doing a bit. Notice how Dean almost falls off the chair with laughter. Man, those were the days! Foster Brooks was another one of those guys who had side-splitting material!

As a side, can you identify every sitting there at the roast? I know them all except the guy with thick dark hair sitting next to Telly Savalas.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DYusPRre07k
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-12-2008, 05:39 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Foster Brooks...

I remember my Dad watching those roasts all the time when I was little, and Foster Brooks was my favorite.

I think that's Rich Little by Telly Savalas.

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.
Always in my heart, my sweet Cali, running free at the Bridge.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-12-2008, 05:45 PM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

My parents watched the Dean Martin roasts all the time but what I remember even more is watching/hearing my Grandpa laugh at them.

My Dad mentioned in passing a while back that he'd like to see the Dean Martin roasts again. I forgot all about them for Christmas but I think I'll order them for his birthday in May.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-12-2008, 06:33 PM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

I clocked out of work at 5 and I've been watching Foster Brooks clips ever since. This one is so good! Foster as a Drunk Pilot! Too bad there isn't this kind of comedy or talent anymore.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LzAXb7qCCAo
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-12-2008, 10:33 PM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

I am so bummed. After watching a bunch of Dean Martin roast clips on YouTube I got the idea to get some videos to rent from one of the stores in town. I call every one of them and nobody has the Roast videos in their inventory. Makes me feel old! Most of the young workers I talked to on the phone didn't even know who Dean Martin was. One guy even asked me if I meant the Comedy Central Roasts instead of Dean Martin.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-12-2008, 11:12 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via MSN to Jeanie

It's hard to believe, isn't it? The whole rat pack was a multi-talented group. Huge stars.

Jeanie

A dog, I have always said, is prose; a cat is a poem. ~Jean Burden
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page