Christmas gift traditions. - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-13-2008, 04:59 PM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

Christmas gift traditions.

Does anyone have any traditional gifts that you give to your family or friends every year?

One of our traditions that was started on both of my boys very first Christmases is a tree ornament. Each one has the date written on it somewhere. The ornaments from their first years are inexpensive ones because there wasn't much money to spare, but for the last few years they get nice Hallmark ornaments or ones like that. Some day when they are ready to have a Christmas tree in their own homes they will have some special ornaments to put on them.

Another thing we do is to buy them a tool every year. The first year this began, when they were about 1 and three respectively, they received a toolbox as a present. Since then every year a hammer or a set of screwdrivers or some such tool is added to the box.

Sue

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-13-2008, 07:16 PM
Premier Cat

Re: Christmas gift traditions.

After I married, one of my Uncle's (from NY) sends me a 4" American Museum of Natural History 'snowflake". They have the year stamped on them and in true snowflake fashion, none are ever the same design.
I look forward to the day I can decorate my entire tree with AMNH snowflakes.

post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-13-2008, 09:49 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via MSN to Jeanie

I doubt I can do it this year, because the only ones left have received a bad review and are more expensive, but in the past every woman in the family got a musical ornament in the shape of something Christmasy- with an animated scene inside. It looked like just a nice ornament until you opened it. (It was hinged.) Then a train ran around a Christmas tree, or the children danced around Frosty, etc., and the music started.

Jeanie

A dog, I have always said, is prose; a cat is a poem. ~Jean Burden
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-14-2008, 08:12 AM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeanie
I doubt I can do it this year, because the only ones left have received a bad review and are more expensive, but in the past every woman in the family got a musical ornament in the shape of something Christmasy- with an animated scene inside. It looked like just a nice ornament until you opened it. (It was hinged.) Then a train ran around a Christmas tree, or the children danced around Frosty, etc., and the music started.
Those sound beautiful! What are they called and where do you find them?

Sue

post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-14-2008, 01:48 PM
Cat Addict

When my brother and I were kids, we would get a new Christmas ornament every year. That doesn't happen anymore since we're grown but I've continued that tradition with my kids.

It's also tradition for us to sit down and read "T'was The Night Before Christmas" before the kids go to bed. As they get a little older and can understand more I want to start reading the story of Jesus' birth from the Bible on Christmas Eve.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-14-2008, 02:07 PM
Jr. Cat

My sister and I can always pretty much guess the presents we will have in our stocking. we get a diary, bed socks, a cd or book and always chocolate coins and a sugar mouse, which never gets eaten..but its just tradition.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-14-2008, 02:45 PM
Banned

We got little stuff you could fit into an old rugby sock (), plus fruit (which never got eaten), chocolate money (which quite often got eaten first) and nuts (which never got eaten )
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-14-2008, 10:40 PM
Cat Addict

I thought of another thing we decided to start as tradition this year. I'm making a cake and on Christmas Day we'll sing Happy Birthday to Jesus.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-14-2008, 11:10 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via MSN to Jeanie

Katlover, you asked about the ornaments I gave. These are the exact same idea, but got some bad reviews, so I don't know if I'll buy them. Mine were less expensive, but no one had a problem with them, as far as I know.

http://www.qvc.com/qic/qvcapp.aspx/view ... -Ornaments

Jeanie

A dog, I have always said, is prose; a cat is a poem. ~Jean Burden
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-15-2008, 05:16 AM
Cat

My husband and I always get each other a new set of pajamas and we open them on Christmas Eve. Then on Christmas morning we have brand new PJs for opening up presents. Hopefully soon we'll have kids and we can continue the tradition with them as well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page