Bad Haircut :( - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-13-2008, 08:06 PM Thread Starter
Tom Cat

Bad Haircut :(

I got a really terrible haircut. It's way too short. They said they would keep the length, and then it ended up above my shoulders somehow. I cried in the hair salon... I went to a major International salon too, Tony and Guy. I hate it what do I do?

Robin and...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-13-2008, 08:29 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Bad Haircut :(

My last cut and color were the first time I've been unhappy with the results in years of going to the same person. All you can do is wait and let it grow out. When your hair is first cut, it kind of goes into "shock" and looks shorter than it really is. In about two weeks, it'll "relax" and seem as though it's grown an inch overnight.

I've seen your pictures, Robin, and you're so pretty, no one else will notice what you think is bad haircut. We always think it's worse than it is.

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.
Always in my heart, my sweet Cali, running free at the Bridge.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-13-2008, 08:34 PM Thread Starter
Tom Cat

Thanks Marie I hope you're right about the 2 weeks, it looks really blunt and choppy now, so maybe it will soften up a bit. Until then, it might be french braids and pony tails

Robin and...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-13-2008, 09:01 PM
Super Moderator

Wear some really pretty accessories - earrings or necklaces. People will notice them and (in your mind) it'll take their focus off your hair.

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.
Always in my heart, my sweet Cali, running free at the Bridge.

post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-13-2008, 09:30 PM
Premier Cat

I have had some really bad haircuts over the years (that's what you get for paying $15 for a hair cut). It will grow out eventually, I promise. Marie's idea of drawing attention aware from your hair is a great one. You can always wear a hat.

Molly Brown December 2006- January 9, 2013
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-13-2008, 10:31 PM
Premier Cat

I had always hated short cuts. (Pixie cut in kindergarten and people-mistaking-me-for-a-boy trauma) When I became ill, I didn't go anywhere, so I never got my hair cut. It was super-long. Down to the bottoms of my jean pockets. Flat. Straight. Uninteresting.
Then I got it cut to my chin.
My hair seemed to perk up and become livlier. It styled better and didn't hang limp and lank.

I would suggest going home to play with styling it several ways to see what you like. It WILL grow out. I cannot imagine a Big Name salon giving you a 'bad' cut, so I think the cut/style itself is probably a good one. I think the biggest thing about 'bad haircuts' is we just need time to adjust to them. Especially if it is a big change from what we are used to.

One thing I like about my current stylist, is she always cuts my hair longer than I want it. I always have to ask her to take a bit more off. I aksed her about it one day and she said it is easy to cut it off, but once it is cut it is gone and you can't put it back. She prefers to cut in smaller increments to give the client time to get used to it as it is being cut and she doesn't mind cutting again and again to reach the shorter length the client wants.

post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-14-2008, 12:16 AM
Cat Addict

Just play with it. You'll discover it's not so bad.

All through high school, my hair was halfway down my back. In college, I cut it just above my shoulders. Last month, I decided to go crazy and get a pixie cut. Holy cow, I love it. It's versatile and goofy and I love it.

It'll grow on you. Fer reals.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-14-2008, 02:41 AM
Senior Cat

You'll be okie. I had a really bad haircut a few years ago...went from hair past the small of my back cut all the way up past my shoulders and they gave me bangs ...turned out my face isn't suited for bangs. I got home and even my mom laughed because it was just...wrong.

I cried for 3 days...but it grew out. There's really nothing you can do in regards to length...you'll just have to wait till it grows out. If you get *used* to the length and still hate the style you could go to a different salon and have them style it differently but...they'll take more length off.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-14-2008, 02:59 AM Thread Starter
Tom Cat

Thanks all I feel a little better about it this afternoon. At least I'll get to show off all of the big, eccentric earrings I love and it is prime hat season! I guess everyone has had a haircut they didn't like at least once.

I think maybe you hit the nail on the head, Heidi. I just saw my friend and she said the cut was really good, but it's just completely not what I had envisioned, so I'm still in shock. Even if everyone else in the world liked it, I know it's just not what I want. I used to have hair down to my elbows and chopped it all off a few years ago. For a while I loved having shoulder length hair, but I've been trying to grow it out for almost a year. My hair grows sooooo slooooowly so this is a big setback...some of the layers are ear and chin length They promised they would keep the length! Sigh, I guess I'll just have to wait again...

Thanks though, I really do a bit better

Robin and...
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-14-2008, 07:55 AM
Cool Cat

Send a message via Yahoo to mstx

You know we could decide if we had a picture of your pretty face with the new haircut!!!!

I think its just shock of having shorter hair since this is your first time getting it short. It will probally grow on you after a couple days- also you might really love it once you style it yourself and play with it some.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page