Amazon w0w - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-17-2008, 01:15 AM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

Amazon w0w

I ordered some Christmas music from Amazon at 5am Monday morning, took standard shipping, figured I'd be lucky to get it by Christmas... well it was on my doorstep by 1pm Tuesday...barley 32 hours after I ordered it

i have never, ever gotten anything that fast no matter what the shipping method.

Thanks Amazon, you rock!

(btw, it was a TSO cd )

-steve

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-17-2008, 05:45 AM
Banned

Re: Amazon w0w

Perhaps they were just desparate to get rid of it

I kid. Amazon are one of the best. Only time I've ever had a problem, it wasn't their fault (GTA 4 sold very very quickly indeed).
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-17-2008, 07:41 AM
Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by catnip
I ordered some Christmas music from Amazon at 5am Monday morning, took standard shipping, figured I'd be lucky to get it by Christmas... well it was on my doorstep by 1pm Tuesday...barley 32 hours after I ordered it

i have never, ever gotten anything that fast no matter what the shipping method.

Thanks Amazon, you rock!

(btw, it was a TSO cd )
I once bought some car wiper blades on eBay and they were posted through my letter box 20 mins later. Rather creepy...

Amazon are great, I buy loads from them including camera gear. Very efficient. A laptop developed a fault and they refunded me in full with no hassle.

Alex
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-17-2008, 08:16 AM
Super Moderator

Never had a problem with Amazon, even when I take Super Saver shipping it gets here pretty quickly. Recently pre-ordered a CD, I got it the day before the release date to stores.

Saw TSO a few years ago, awesome show!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Holly, Misty & their friend, Jake, the dog.
Onyx, Callie May, Maggie & Kobi forever in my heart.
Yes, I know I need a new signature pic...someday...
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-17-2008, 10:02 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by akiralx
Quote:

Thanks Amazon, you rock!

(btw, it was a TSO cd )
I once bought some car wiper blades on eBay and they were posted through my letter box 20 mins later. Rather creepy...
Wow... I'd kinda get freaked out by that....
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-17-2008, 10:24 AM
Banned

I find Amazon's free shipping to be a crap shoot.

sometimes it takes 2 days, sometimes 2 weeks. it
has to do with where and how they fulfill your order.
some items come from Amazon itself, some from the
shippers own regional fulfillment inventory, some from
individual resellers who are contracted with Amazon.

a trick I use with Amazon is their "save for later"
feature in the shopping Cart. if you check your
saved items twice a week, you'll often find them
at a 20% discount for a day or two, before they
perk back up to their typical sales price, and they
still give you free shipping even while discounted.
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-17-2008, 12:05 PM
Cat Addict

Quote:
(btw, it was a TSO cd )
I'll probably sound dumb asking this but you mean Trans-Siberian Orchestra, right? I've known about them for years but can only take them in small portions.

My mom, however, has totally gone nuts over them this year! They play a 24/7 Christmas radio station (at least through December) where she works and she's developed an obsession with TSO. I went Christmas shopping with her a couple weeks ago and it was her big mission to find a copy of a TSO CD with "Christmas Canon Rock" on it. She found it at Target for only $10.

I have to say, though, that I really like that song that plays on the main page of TSO's website (don't know the name of the song, sorry). There's a guy here in town who has a music and lights display in his yard for Christmas and that song makes the lights move so cool!
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-17-2008, 04:44 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via MSN to Jeanie

Right now I am so angry with Amazon I doubt I'll ever buy there again. They charged me twice for the same order, and gave me so much hassle and so many different stories it was maddening

. I cannot understand the accent of the customer reps., and although I admire them for learning English, I spend half the time asking them to speak slowly or spell words. This has gone on for 2 days, and I'm pulling my hair out. And I got several different answers. It's not resolved yet. I was counting on buying much more, but now I'll have to go to a big department store and hope that I can get what I want. I'm so upset I can't express it in words. Can you spell S C R E A M? The company is too big to care that they lost a customer.

Jeanie

A dog, I have always said, is prose; a cat is a poem. ~Jean Burden
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-17-2008, 04:54 PM
Banned

I'm sorry Jeanie, but the next time that happens
you should simply dispute the charge through your
credit card company. Makes life a lot easier, and
you get the credit back right away. As long as
you only got one package in signed at your home,
Amazon has no leg to stand on for the second one.
However, if they shipped twice, and you didn't
refuse the second one, you are screwed, because
returning stuff to Amazon is a ring in Dante's ****.
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-17-2008, 05:07 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via MSN to Jeanie

I called the bank that very night, and the charges are in dispute. I don't have any packages yet, but there will be only one. All they had to do was give the band the authorization # and give it to the bank, and the incorrect charges could have been removed immediately. A supervisor assured me he'd take care of it today, and see that I was notified. Well, no notification yet. I was shoved from pillar to post. So far, I've spent about 4 hours on the phone with no results.

Jeanie

A dog, I have always said, is prose; a cat is a poem. ~Jean Burden
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page