My kids had their preschool Christmas program *PICS ADDED* - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-18-2008, 12:01 PM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

My kids had their preschool Christmas program *PICS ADDED*

It lasted about 25 minutes or so and was sooooo cute! I was kind of worried how things were going to go with Emma, though. The kids got up this morning, took a bath and sat down for breakfast. Emma started bawling and said she didn't want to go. I think the older she gets the more shy she is becoming.

Well, I told her that Grandpa was going to be there to watch her so she agreed it was okay to go. So we got Emma's little Christmas dress on, and Nate had his little shirt, vest and tie, and off we went.

Still, however, when it came time for the program Emma just stood there on the bleachers and barely uttered a sound until the end when they got to hold a set of jingle bells while singing the song. Nate, on the other hand, was having fun. He was bouncing up and down and singing his little heart out the whole time! I took a bunch of digital pictures (don't have them downloaded to a computer, yet) and Ken videotaped the whole thing, of course.

I actually got tears in my eyes watching the program (happy tears). It's so hard to believe my kids are old enough to be in a Christmas program. One of the other moms there who has a few older kids told me it goes by really fast! Yes, I'm afraid she's right.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-18-2008, 03:08 PM
Cat Addict

Re: My kids had their preschool Christmas program this morning

I was hoping you would post pictures. Yes, it goes by way too fast. I can't believe my boys are almost going to graduate college. Only yesterday I was reading them bedtime stories. Enjoy every minute!

Sue

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-18-2008, 05:43 PM
Cool Cat

Send a message via MSN to Jimmyness

Awe that is so sweet!

Maybe you should apply Emma in a kids drama program? When i was little i was very shy so my teacher suggested it to my mother, they did alot of work on confidence building and public speaking and had kids right down to the age of 3 in it.

Okay well im still incredibly shy but thanks to those classes i am extremely confident on stage and when doing public speaking, it will help her alot when she starts highschool and has to present an oral infront of the class i can tell you that!

Sincerely, Krystle.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-19-2008, 12:18 AM
Premier Cat

Send a message via MSN to Jeanie

I know that special feeling in your heart when your little ones are in the Christmas pageant! ("Oh, Lord, please don't let them turn somersaults on the altar." ) And the joy that they are doing something very special. I think little Emma will learn to enjoy these programs in time. I've directed a lot Christmas plays and concerts, and my little ones always came through in the end. I'm sure everyone thought she was cute...and looked like a little angel.

Jeanie

A dog, I have always said, is prose; a cat is a poem. ~Jean Burden
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-19-2008, 11:45 AM
Premier Cat

Awe, how sweet! What special memories!
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-19-2008, 12:13 PM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

Ken worked on getting photos uploaded for me last night. Here are a few. Nate is the cute little redhead in the front with the blue vest and tie. Emma is the blond standing on his right wearing a Christmas dress with a dark red top and cream-colored skirt with flowers.

http://web.ndak.net/joschmo/SchoolNate.jpg

http://web.ndak.net/joschmo/SchoolEmma.jpg

http://web.ndak.net/joschmo/SchoolBoth.jpg

He's trying to figure out how to take a couple-minute snip-it of the video and place it here instead of the whole 18 minutes, so if anyone knows how to do that feel free to tell me!
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-19-2008, 05:43 PM
Banned

lol at the kid with her hands over her eyes
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-19-2008, 05:52 PM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huge
lol at the kid with her hands over her eyes
That wasn't the funniest, either! You can't see it real well in any of these pics but in the second one I've listed there is a kid in a blue-and-white vertical pinstriped shirt in the uppermost riser on the left-hand side. It's the BACK of his shirt. He stood there turned, staring at the wall behind the kids, the entire time!

There there was another girl standing on the first riser opposite my kids who cried through the whole thing. I kind of felt sorry for her but now that she realizes she survived through it she'll probably do better the next time around.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-19-2008, 08:09 PM
Cat Addict

Re: My kids had their preschool Christmas program *PICS ADDED*

Your children are adorable! I hope you can get the video section to work.

Sue

post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-19-2008, 08:26 PM
Super Moderator

Re: My kids had their preschool Christmas program *PICS ADDED*

Nate and Emma are so cute!

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.
Always in my heart, my sweet Cali, running free at the Bridge.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page