Amusing things children have done: - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-19-2008, 12:33 AM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

Amusing things children have done:

Jeanie's quote in another thread made me think of starting this one so the original thread didn't get hi-jacked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeanie
"Oh, Lord, please don't let them turn somersaults on the altar."
Awe, you made me remember something my 5yr old nephew Jeremy did at my wedding. He and my 5yr old cousin Katy walked up the aisle together in their tux and mini bridesmaid dress, matching the other adult attendants. He holding the pillow with symbolic rings on it and she carrying a basket of flower petals.
They walk up the stairs together to the chancel and right up to the priest. Jeremy then holding the ribbon ends of the pillow, swings the pillow to the priest, who is surprised, but catches it. Then Jeremy stepped up onto the kneelers of the prie dieus, the priest held his hand (to try to direct Jeremy off the kneelers) but Jeremy used it to keep his balance and walk across both kneelers before joining the gentlemen and Katy sedately ran to join the ladies.

Kids really are precious and they grow so fast. I remember all of the funny things my Sis would tell me that my nephew Blain would come up with. I think I would love to read a book written by kindergarten teachers!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-19-2008, 01:10 AM
Cat Addict

Re: Amusing things children have done:

I used to like to wear my red Chuck Taylor high tops when I was altar boy for weddings.

-steve

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-19-2008, 03:13 AM
Banned

I was in too many nativity plays as a kid.
In fact it probably started my suspicions of religion.

In the 6 or so I was in, there was always some small issue.
Joseph once refused to go on stage without his dinosaurs, one of the Marys wanted to HOLD the baby Jesus all the time (often upside-down). I once accidentally broke my crook over a wise man's head (he shouldn't have said what he said about my brother) and the donkey wet himself. Twice. In one play.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-19-2008, 09:42 AM
Cool Cat

Send a message via Yahoo to mstx

My old boss brought her 5yr daughter to a business lunch we went to one day. Well after getting our plates the daughter kept trying to get up out of her seat, well the mom kept telling her to sat put. After about 5minutes of them argueing the daughter picked her plate up and dropped it on the floor (all the while a guy is trying to give a speach), when the mom went to go clean it up the daughter jumped up and ran around the table to sit on my lap. I had to laugh!!!!!! All the daughter wanted was to sit with me Neadless to say she sat on my lap for the next hour till she feel asleep.
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-19-2008, 12:28 PM
Cat Addict

Ha-ha! This could be a funny thread! I remember quite a few times when I participated in Christmas programs at church when the young girls (preschool to Kindergarten age) would do things like stand up there and lift their skirt over their head!

My own Emma has a problem with picking her nose. I held my breath yesterday morning that she wouldn't do that in her own program and thankfully she didn't!

When I was in high school (yes, high school) we were being dismissed off the bleachers from our school program and I tripped getting off the last step, falling flat to the floor! I was sooooo embarrased. I got up and out of there as quick as I could!

In church I've heard numerous times where a little kid will shout out something like "I can see God!" referring to the pastor. That's kind of cute, though, because they're too little to understand the situation even if you explain it.
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-22-2008, 04:43 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via Yahoo to my5kitties

Just this morning my 10 year old son, Christopher, looked at me and in all seriousness asked me this question: "Mom, you're a woman. Why do women go crazy over chocolate?"

----------
Renée
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-22-2008, 05:28 PM
Cat Addict

What was your answer?
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-22-2008, 05:32 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via Yahoo to my5kitties

I think I told him that it was genetic.

----------
Renée
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-22-2008, 07:40 PM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

Good answer! GOOD answer!!!

post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-23-2008, 12:02 AM
Cat Addict

Ooh, i have a good one! A few actually..lol

I have two younger sisters, so three girls, and my youngest sister had a lot of allergies when she was little. Milk, peanut butter...a whole bunch, mostly food ones. Well, one day Heather (the little sister) said to mum "Mommy, can we get a kitty?" to which my mum replied "No sweety, you're allergic." My sister got this shocked look on her face and said "But mommy, I'd NEVER eat a kitty!" lol She was about 4.

Apparently my first words were "Dad. Baby up NOW!" subtle, hey, lol.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page