Let it Snow, Let it Snow, Let it Snow - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 44 (permalink) Old 12-19-2008, 11:11 AM Thread Starter
Tom Cat

Send a message via Yahoo to MissAnne2u
Let it Snow, Let it Snow, Let it Snow

With so many people around the world getting slammed with snow and ice, including in LAS VEGAS, I thought it would be fun to post some Snow Pictures !!!

Here is the view of our intersection Tuesday, when the snow started ...

And then yesterday morning BEFORE it really started coming down. We got another 3" yesterday alone

I know alot of people got alot more snow and ice, but this is almost unheard of in the Seattle / Tacoma area of Washington state. All in all, our area here in Tacoma got just about 7" of snow total.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 44 (permalink) Old 12-19-2008, 11:30 AM
Banned

Re: Let it Snow, Let it Snow, Let it Snow

we got a dusting on the 16th, but today it's really snowing.
weather man says it will turn to slush by tomorrow, only to
then snow all over again late Sunday here in New York City.

post #3 of 44 (permalink) Old 12-19-2008, 11:31 AM
Cool Cat

Maybe I'll post some Monday I'm expected to drive through a foot or so of snow at 6:00 tomorrow morning for 1.5 hours, while it's still snowing, and it's not even expected to START snowing until 1:00 a.m.! Yeah. Right. I like living. I think I'll be missing class.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 44 (permalink) Old 12-19-2008, 11:40 AM
Premier Cat

We got about 4" or so last night, and more coming tomorrow into sunday!

Stay safe everyone, and don't venture out if you don't have to!
post #5 of 44 (permalink) Old 12-19-2008, 11:59 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrinityQuiet
Maybe I'll post some Monday I'm expected to drive through a foot or so of snow at 6:00 tomorrow morning for 1.5 hours, while it's still snowing, and it's not even expected to START snowing until 1:00 a.m.! Yeah. Right. I like living. I think I'll be missing class.
Not sure what weather report you're looking at, but it's supposed to start snowing any time now...usually an hour or two earlier for you than us. It should pretty well be over by tomorrow morning...but the roads will still be ucky, especially since it's a Saturday.

We're supposed to be getting 6-10" today (a little more where TQ is) and another blast on Sunday. All they're saying about that is 'heavy snow', which usually means anything from about 8-10" up to, well, the most snow we've ever gotten in one storm since I've lived here is 32".

My parents are supposed to be flying in tomorrow afternoon around 3...who knows how that will work out.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Holly, Misty & their friend, Jake, the dog.
Onyx, Callie May, Maggie & Kobi forever in my heart.
Yes, I know I need a new signature pic...someday...
post #6 of 44 (permalink) Old 12-19-2008, 12:20 PM
Cat Addict

Anne, I've been thinking about posting something on the forum to ask you what the heck the weather was doing in the Sea-Tac area! I transcribe for one of the multispecialty clinics in Seattle and work was slower than molasses yesterday and today due to many of the clinics closing early because of the weather. I actually transcribed a note yesterday where the doctor called the patient at home and did a phone consult! Never ran into that situation before.

As for us, it's snowing real lightly right now but by 6 or 7 o'clock tonight we're winds picking up to 25 to 30 mph and anywhere from 4 to 6 inches falling by sometime tomorrow, which is going to cause blizzard conditions. I'm sure we'll be running over to the grocery a couple blocks from here after supper to get a few weekend necessities and come back home to stay like we did last weekend.
post #7 of 44 (permalink) Old 12-19-2008, 03:06 PM
Super Moderator

The snow has arrived!

Holly, Misty & their friend, Jake, the dog.
Onyx, Callie May, Maggie & Kobi forever in my heart.
Yes, I know I need a new signature pic...someday...
post #8 of 44 (permalink) Old 12-19-2008, 03:06 PM
Cat Addict

We got 9 inches last night and a few more this morning on top of the several inches that were already on the ground...
It was lot of fun trying to make it into work this morning. Cars have been almost buried by the snow plows. I'll have to take a picture to post.
post #9 of 44 (permalink) Old 12-19-2008, 04:00 PM
Cat Addict

here's my street as of now. The plows have finally come through and cleared the road, but there's just no where to put all this snow!

looking the other direction
post #10 of 44 (permalink) Old 12-19-2008, 04:04 PM
Cat Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nell
here's my street as of now. The plows have finally come through and cleared the road, but there's just no where to put all this snow!
OMGosh! I thought we had a lot of snow! You guys have much more than we do right now. At least ours has fallen in short enough stints for road-cleaning crews to keep it under control every few days or so.

As far as where to put all the snow, at lot of corners of public parking lots are piled up around here, although I cant say whether that's just their snow or the whole town.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page