Looking for a yummy nonalcoholic fruit punch-type recipe - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-20-2008, 12:16 AM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

Looking for a yummy nonalcoholic fruit punch-type recipe

I've been searching online for a while but I'm wondering if anyone has tried anything that they love and would recommend it. And it has to be nonalcoholic. I'd like a punch that will turn out red in color for Christmas and maybe has a base of pineapple juice, lemonade or something like that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-20-2008, 01:21 AM
Cat Addict

Re: Looking for a yummy nonalcoholic fruit punch-type recipe

Well, the easiest nonalcoholic punch from when we were kids is the usual 7up and orange juice punch - fizzy, sweet, little bit citrus-y. If you want beautiful red, how about cranberry juice and pomegranate juice - both have that beautiful red and are both strong-flavored...Pomegranate might stain, though - so you would have to be careful as to where/when it is served. Strawberry would make a pink punch.

You might be able to combine an Italian syrup (they are clear, and naturally flavored - orange or lemon flavored?) with soda or bubbly water for the fizz, and one of the deep red juices mentioned, like cranberry, for the color you are looking for....

Fran
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-20-2008, 01:27 AM
Banned

Jo, Fran basically had something similar to the recipe I was going to suggest. However, in addition to what she mentioned, take some cherry sherbert and scoop it into the punch. As the sherbert melts, it imparts a unique flavor. That is a yearly tradition at my camera club's annual Christmas party and it goes quite well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-20-2008, 04:01 AM
Cool Cat

Send a message via MSN to Jimmyness

Oohh i know of a good one, i used to make it every christmas. Its like a mixture between ginger ale (the bright orange kind), pineapple/tropical juice and canned pineapple chucks. Chuck it in a jug with some ice and a few mint leaves and you're good to go. Its a realy good mix of flavours and my favourite part was getting to the fizzy pineapple pieces at the bottom. If you want it more red maybe add some food colouring?

Sincerely, Krystle.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-22-2008, 08:57 AM
Cool Cat

Pineapple juice
Hawaiian Punch
Ginger-ale
Pineapple or Orange Sherbet (scoops float nicely in the punch bowl and eliminate the need for ice)

It's the official post-concert reception punch of the Omicron Psi Chapter (MTSU) of Delta Omicron (Music Fraternity)

(edited for clarity)
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-22-2008, 09:01 AM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

Thanks, everyone, for the suggestions and recipes. I completely forgot I even posted this. It's been a busy weekend. Thank goodness I live 2 blocks from a grocery store. I'll probably send Ken over there tonight or tomorrow to get some juices. still haven't decided which one I'm going to go with, though. Decisions, decisions!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page