what a day .... - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-20-2008, 03:52 PM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

what a day ....

Just as I was packing to go to my mothers for the Christmas break this afternoon, I find that my purse (pocket book) with my bank cards had disapeared. Annoying I thought, but sortable ... I had it at the back of my mind that I'd left it at work but thought I'd just cancel them later just in case (I didnt have time to go to work to check before going to the train station). In the meantime, I had a train to catch and as I had brought my train tickets online using my debit card, I took alternative identification (my passport and proof of address) so I could collect them from the counter. I had a similar situation a while back and it was just fine.

Got to the station in plenty of time, get to the counter and was told that I could not have my tickets as I (a) didnt have the card or (b) did not have a 'police report' reporting the card as stolen (by this time I was 99.9% certain the purse was at work so of course I hadnt reported it). Indeed, the lady almost accused me of lying and trying to get on the train with someone elses ticket - despite having cast iron proof that I was who I claimed. I was also faced with a sticky situation. I rarely carry cash and it had only been by sheer luck that I'd had enough money in a little coin purse I have to get to the train station at all. So now, I could not travel but also could not get home because I literally had no money to do so.

My place of work is about 20 minutes walk away from the train station. There was nothing else for it - I had to get to the office and just hope that the darn purse was really where I thought it was.

So .. 20 minutes walk, with a 11lb cat in a carrier, a huge (very heavy) suitcase and a jam packed backpack. I'm small, and not very strong so it was rather a nightmare journey. Got to work, found the purse, brought a tube ticket to get back to the train station (20 minutes walk = 5 minutes tube ride!) and got a replacement train ticket. I couldnt use the ticket I had booked previously because it was for a particular train and that had gone a long time ago.

So, I've spent a ton of money I didnt need to because some person decided not to give me the ticket I had brought, despite having identification proving who I was and despite being issued tickets using said alternative identification in the past.

Needless to say, I'm fuming and will write a strongly worded letter of complaint. The woman who refused me my tickets not only potentially ruined my Christmas (if I hadnt had the money to get a replacement ticket) but seemed more than happy to potentially leave me stranded in the middle of London with no real way to get home other than walk (a good TWO HOURS away, as I found out when I had to walk home the day of the tube bombings). I told her I had no money as I didnt have my cards. She didnt give a darn, basically - too busy being a jobsworth.

Thank goodness I was right about my purse being at work!!! If it hadnt been, I would have been in a bit of a pickle.

"FIV != PTS"
"SENIOR KITTIZENS ROCK! (between naps)"

Allie and Ridley

Toby - waiting at the rainbow bridge (2002-2011)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-20-2008, 04:18 PM
Cat Addict

Re: what a day ....

Stressful! Sometimes the bureaucrats are on your side, and sometimes they just don't budge... Glad you weren't stranded and glad your purse was where you thought it was....

Fran
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-20-2008, 05:40 PM
Premier Cat

Man! I hope that after they receive your letter of complaint they will refund the cost of the first ticket to you because that counter agent caused you to miss it when you DID have proper identification.
h

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-20-2008, 06:41 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via MSN to Jeanie

What an awful experience. I'm glad your purse was at work. That's a blessing, at least.

Jeanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

A dog, I have always said, is prose; a cat is a poem. ~Jean Burden
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-20-2008, 09:19 PM
Premier Cat

Those counter bureaucrats can be a pain sometimes.

cats leave paw-prints on your heart
It takes a cat to turn a house from a cold building into a warm home.
Cats teach us it's the simplest things that really matter
John
eternal angel Arianwen
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-22-2008, 05:39 PM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

Thanks for the replies . I certainly will be demanding a full refund of that ticket with my complaint.

"FIV != PTS"
"SENIOR KITTIZENS ROCK! (between naps)"

Allie and Ridley

Toby - waiting at the rainbow bridge (2002-2011)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page