Your first School Xmas play - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-23-2008, 08:34 AM Thread Starter
Cool Cat

Your first School Xmas play

I had to smile at Hugh's Navity play reminiscences in another thread:

Quote:
Joseph once refused to go on stage without his dinosaurs, one of the Marys wanted to HOLD the baby Jesus all the time (often upside-down). I once accidentally broke my crook over a wise man's head (he shouldn't have said what he said about my brother) and the donkey wet himself. Twice. In one play.
When I was 6 I was picked to be Sleeping Beauty in the school play. A little girl called Susan Searle played the Bad Fairy. I noticed that she got all the laughs and applause because she was acting very bad and evil whereas I was just swanning aroung in a pretty frock being sweet. I remembered this the next year when we did 'Snow White' and I pestered the teacher into letting me be the Wicked Queen. And so a ham actress was born.......

What are your school play memories?

seashell
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-23-2008, 08:43 AM
Banned

Re: Your first School Xmas play

Apart from the nativities, I was always in the school orchestra, and so generally didn't get to do much "acting". Having said that, I do remember being in a play about being environmentally friendly, and being cast as a tree. Al Paccino I was not
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-23-2008, 08:46 AM Thread Starter
Cool Cat

At least you didn't wet yourself

seashell
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-23-2008, 09:21 AM
Banned

Small mercies....
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-23-2008, 11:40 AM
Premier Cat

I remember my artistic scene painting talents were widely drawn upon (pun intended) and didn't leave time for this shy girl to perform on stage. Best one I remember was a Melodrama our 8th grade class did. It really turned out well with the stage sets, props and the costumes. Perhaps not professional, but pretty darn good for 8th graders, and the best our school had put on, to date. ...which was 1981. *cough*cough*

post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-23-2008, 03:16 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via Yahoo to my5kitties

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heidi n Q
Perhaps not professional, but pretty darn good for 8th graders, and the best our school had put on, to date. ...which was 1981. *cough*cough*
You're not alone, Heidi. I was in 8th grade in 1981, too. And I'm guessing that you graduated from high school in 1985?

----------
Renée
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-23-2008, 07:34 PM
Premier Cat

Oh my God! Gag me with a spoon!

Yuppers! I don't think the whole "valley girl" thing was still going on by then, but when I first got into HS (central farming valley in CA) it was 'the thing', dressing like Madonna or Culture Club or the guys trying to look like the 'hair bands'. It really is a crack-up to think back on it now! We thought we were all so cool. We were just little kids playing dress-up.

post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-24-2008, 07:38 AM
Cat Addict

haha funny stuff

I don't remember this but my mum told me that when I was in Kindergarten we did a Christmas nativity play and I was one of the 3 wise men.

Another kid was dressed up as baby Jesus and was told to cry for a moment when he was in the manger.

All went well until I apparently got sick of it and shouted at him: Don't be such a darn hypochondriac
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page