Michael Moore message - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-27-2008, 05:11 PM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

Michael Moore message

http://www.michaelmoore.com/

I just finished watching Michael Moore dvd Sicko I got from Netflixs. I was wondering if others felt the remorse and anger Im feeling. Not only the health care system in this country but now whats come to light of all the greed and mismanagement its very discouraging. I want to be proud of or country but things need to change. Whats it going to take?

Im one of the faceless numbers of people who cant get health care. I use to have it until my insurance company raising my rates till I couldnt afford it so I would leave the company. Which left me with no way to get health care. Plus it got off their books my son who had malignant melanoma (stage 3) and cant afford health insurance. He had a reoccurance of skin cancer last year which I paid for surgery out of my pocket. After seeing this movie it made me ashamed of our country.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-27-2008, 08:43 PM
Cat Addict

Re: Michael Moore message

It's important to remember that Moore paints things in a very extreme light in his films... but yes, the truth behind this one is particularly upsetting to me.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-27-2008, 08:47 PM
Banned

I have problems with Moore. He is sometimes so extreme that people often just dismiss his films totally. Doing the films in this way is foolish though, as there is clearly a lot of truth in them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-27-2008, 08:52 PM
Premier Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huge
He is sometimes so extreme that people often just dismiss his films totally.
I am one of those. I won't watch anything by him. I don't know if that is foolish or if his film-style that turns so many people off is foolish. Regardless, I cannot bring myself to watch his slanted films.

post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-27-2008, 09:04 PM
Banned

Sorry I didn't mean people are foolish, I meant his style. He could be far more balanced.
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-27-2008, 09:10 PM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

After watching the excess and greed being uncovered in the US from top of the food chain right down to the bottom, I dont find his views or presentation extreme. MHO.
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-27-2008, 09:12 PM
Premier Cat

Thanks for clarifying Hugh, though I thought you meant his style, but I wasn't sure.
Merry, maybe I'll have to force myself to watch it...?

post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-27-2008, 09:29 PM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

It will make you think even if you dont agree with everything. I guess experiencing what insurance companies did to me makes me not a big fan of them. Being without health insurance because I cant afford it makes me take a second look at what other countries do.

Several of my friends who are from Norway and pay very high taxes but love the system. No one has to go without a home, medical care, education. Wouldnt it be a relief to not see homeless people, sick people who cant get help, have children who arent in hock up to their eye balls in school loans?

They didnt address this in the film but along the same vein~ I find this ironic. By federal law hospital emergency rooms have to treat people. It has bankrupted Tucson trama centers so we only have one now. Yet the US government doesnt reimburse these hospitals for the indigents & and mexican who used the services and walked out on the bills. How fair is that. Now weve all suffered because of it.

I think of the billions being spent on 2 wars. The money was there before the wars but they werent wanting to use it for the common good. Why, that bothers me too.

Ok, now Ill stop down from my soap box.
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-27-2008, 09:33 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via MSN to Jeanie

Merry, I'm so sorry you do not have insurance, and will pray that your son gets completely well.

I think Moore is somewhat like Ralph Nader, someone who reveals truths we don't want to believe. Isn't is strange that the truth tellers are often the subject of ridicule? I saved the link.

I hope the pharmaceutical companies are exposed. The huge hospital bills we pay goes to help the poor, at least, but the CEOs of the Drug Companies get wealthier daily.

Jeanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

A dog, I have always said, is prose; a cat is a poem. ~Jean Burden
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-27-2008, 09:56 PM
Premier Cat

The whole medical system is terrible, in my opinion. No one should go without care,or without the medications that they need.

Mitts, where do your friends in Norway live? I have a friend who lives i Norway and really has trouble with the medical system.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Molly Brown December 2006- January 9, 2013
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page