Gordian Knot - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-30-2008, 09:48 AM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

Gordian Knot

For Christmas, the kids got Ken this logic puzzle called Gordian's Knot. Apparently it's based on a legend of a puzzle that only Alexander the Great could solve back in the day.

The puzzle comes with a solution guide for taking the puzzle apart, and you can follow the steps in reverse to assemble it again. So Ken sits down the day after Christmas and attempts to take this thing apart on his own without the book. He worked on it for about 15 minutes, got frustrated and stopped. Now the puzzle is all messed up, looking nothing like it did before he started, and I'm wondering if it's even possible to unlock it now since we don't know if he's at a certain step in the book or not.

Has anyone here attempted the Gordian Knot before?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-30-2008, 12:24 PM
Premier Cat

Re: Gordian Knot

No. But I'd be tempted to use a pocket knife.

post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-30-2008, 12:36 PM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

Re: Gordian Knot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heidi n Q
No. But I'd be tempted to use a pocket knife.
Remember when the original Rubik's cube came out? I got frustrated with it and peeled off the stickers, placing them where they should be to make the cube look correct. In my defense, though, I was only about 9 years old. Ken said when he got the Rubik's cube he tried over and over to fix it, but to no avail. Then when the Internet came out he found downloadable instructions and put it back together.

He got really excited when he received the Gordian Knot, saying he couldn't wait to figure it out. I know him much better than that, though. I'm just waiting to see how long it will be before he shoves it in a drawer somewhere never to be seen again.

My mom gave Ken the newer 4 x 4 Rubik's cube and he hasn't picked that one up to try it yet. I gave my dad the 5 x 5 Rubik's cube and wish I were a mouse in the corner to see how he's doing with that one! He's not one to give up easily.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page