New Year's/Eve Plans Anyone? - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 29 (permalink) Old 12-30-2008, 12:07 PM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

Send a message via AIM to Megan1216 Send a message via MSN to Megan1216 Send a message via Yahoo to Megan1216
New Year's/Eve Plans Anyone?

No plans for us, as far as I know. We *might* spend another night at the hospital with my uncle so we can celebrate, but I doubt it. I have to get home tomorrow because the farrier is coming to trim my horse's hooves. Plus, we have other stuff we need to get to. So it's mainly a "getting caught up" on things we needed to do the past few days away.

Anybody else?

*~*~*Megan*~*~
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 29 (permalink) Old 12-30-2008, 12:30 PM
Premier Cat

Re: New Year's/Eve Plans Anyone?

We stay home. I try to NEVER travel (or even drive locally) on holidays where the public at large likes to drink to excess.
I am always up until 1-3am, so I'll experience the New Year here on the East Coast and 3hrs later I'll call my family on the West Coast.

post #3 of 29 (permalink) Old 12-30-2008, 12:47 PM
Cat Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heidi n Q
I am always up until 1-3am,
I used to do that all the time. I would still prefer to stay up that late but whenever I do I pay for it the next day by being completely sluggish.

I'm sure we'll just stay home with the kids, probably order a pizza and watch a movie with the kids, then Ken and I will watch the ball drop in Times Square (an hour before our New Year). I've always enjoyed listening to the entertainment on Dick Clark's Rockin' New Year's Eve show and wish he was still able to head the show up for as long as he used to. Guess it's to be expected, though, with his age and the stroke he had a few years back.

EDIT: Darn language filter! "Richard" Clark just doesn't look or sound right at all.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 29 (permalink) Old 12-30-2008, 01:06 PM
Banned

A few mates, a few beers, a few tons of junk food and a few no brains hollywood action films.

Should be good.
post #5 of 29 (permalink) Old 12-30-2008, 01:35 PM
Jr. Cat

I have to work! I work at a nursing home and work second shift there, so I'm at work until 11:15.. Can get home in time to watch "Richard" Clark!

Colleen, Wooderson and Fizzle!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'Thank you Geri!'
post #6 of 29 (permalink) Old 12-30-2008, 01:40 PM
Premier Cat

Well - Felix is off to the vet at 8am for an emergency dental cleaning! Once he has been admitted, Mum and I are going to visit my brother (and the ginger terror) for the day before coming back, collecting Felix from the vet, sitting down to a nice supper of seabass with a fennel and orange butter and settle down to watch Big Ben strike 12 midnight with a glass of Champagne in our glasses.

Its what we usually do - well other than taking the cat to the vet. Thats a one off. Poor fee fee

"FIV != PTS"
"SENIOR KITTIZENS ROCK! (between naps)"

Allie and Ridley

Toby - waiting at the rainbow bridge (2002-2011)
post #7 of 29 (permalink) Old 12-30-2008, 01:57 PM
Super Moderator

My neighbor always has a get together, some years big, some small. I think it's going to be small this year and may even lose a few people because it's supposed to snow. So it may just end up being people within walking distance. Works out great, nothing too elaborate and I can just stumble home across the cul-de-sac.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Holly, Misty & their friend, Jake, the dog.
Onyx, Callie May, Maggie & Kobi forever in my heart.
Yes, I know I need a new signature pic...someday...
post #8 of 29 (permalink) Old 12-30-2008, 02:24 PM
Cool Cat

Blissful, peaceful, nothingness. That's what I'm doing for New Year's Eve. My favorite thing to do. Silent house, favorite foods, no people in sight. Unless my friend whose house I'm living in shows up (which I doubt) in which case...good company that night Either way, I'm happy.

post #9 of 29 (permalink) Old 12-30-2008, 03:34 PM
Super Moderator

Just got invited out to a wild Mexican restaurant for the afternoon tomorrow. No Marguaritas for me, though (driving!).

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.
Always in my heart, my sweet Cali, running free at the Bridge.

post #10 of 29 (permalink) Old 12-30-2008, 03:44 PM
Jr. Cat

Hubby and I will stay at home with wine and cheese and a couple of movies. I hope I can make it til midnight as we have one of those couches that suck you in and puts you to sleep. After a couple glasses of wine, I'll be lucky to see 10:00 p.m.! Besides, the best part of the New Year for us are the bowl games the next day!

Here's to a happy and safe New Year for everyone.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page