Dream interpretation... - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-02-2009, 02:04 PM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

Dream interpretation...

I often have vivid dreams that I can recall very easily. Most of the time they are not frightening dreams, just "off the wall" in nature. Like last night I had a dream that my son got into my aunt's cupboards and took a bunch of snacks, my Dad told me about it and "instructed" me to scold him for it, after which I walked around town dragging him by the arm trying to find an old abandoned house where I could spank him and then get back to the rest of my family.

None of these dreams ever make sense! First off, the dream took place in the town and house in which my Grandma and Grandpa lived which is not the same town that this particular aunt lives in. Second, if my son stole some snacks out of her cupboards the last thing she or my Dad would expect me to do is spank him for it. Lastly, I've been wheelchair bound for 13 years and yet in every single dream I can remember, I'm walking.

So what do you make of all this, especially the walking part? Like I said, most of my dreams are off-the-wall scenarios and nothing ever scary. A couple nights ago I dreamt that my kids' daycare lady was divorcing her husband. There's been no such talk that I've heard so far and from what I can tell their marriage is fine. Strange!

I still recall a dream I had back in high school regarding my science class. We were to collect rocks around our yards/through town and were expected to find X-number of types of rocks. In my dream, I came to school with my rock collection and had all the rocks labeled on index cards but it turns out that a lot of them were mislabeled, so the teacher started throwing the rocks at me and I ran screaming down the halls of the school. First off, I never really enjoyed science class but I was never afraid of this particular teacher. I was, however, worked up about getting things right so I could pass the class.

Maybe I'm just not getting enough sleep!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-02-2009, 02:15 PM
Banned

Re: Dream interpretation...

only you can do the best job at your own dream interpretation.
here is a web sight that helps you identify many dream elements;

http://www.dreammoods.com/
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-02-2009, 02:28 PM
Cool Cat

Re: Dream interpretation...

Do you feel trapped at all by the wheelchair? I would guess that the walking in your dream is a subconscious wish for more freedom or mobility. Or it could be you thinking fondly of your younger days, and since you were walking then your mind has you walking in your dreams.

Sometimes figuring out your dreams is a matter of figuring out what the events symbolize. For example, during the summer of 2007 I had a recurring dream that I was on an upper floor of a building (usually my favorite mall), looking over the edge where the railing should be, and scared because the railing wasn't there and I was so sure I was going to fall. Later that year I got a new job and the dreams stopped - I realized at that point that the dream symbolized my nervousness about leaving a job I had been at for five years and 'jumping' into something new. The mall? I associate it with warm summer days when I was young, when my mom would go shopping and if I was good she'd get me a cookie on the way out. So the mall represented my secure job that I was leaving. The dream and the reality are totally different, but dreams are often symbols for what's going on in your life.

So with your son and the cabinets - Is your son at an age where he's changing and growing, and you're nervous about this? Perhaps the contents of the cabinets symbolize what's new in his life, and you can't prevent this just as you can't keep him out of the cabinets forever.

Not sure about the rest of your dream, but give it some thought and don't immediately dismiss any possibilities if they seem too weird. If you have ideas that don't seem to make sense, share them with us and maybe we can help you put the puzzle together.

Hope this helps! Can you tell I was a psychology major?

~Diana, happy mom to Fern and Fergie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page