Bridezilla!! - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-04-2009, 07:36 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Bridezilla!!

Someone please help me! My cable company just got the WE channel and they're having a Bridezilla marathon! I've never seen the show before and I'm sucked in and can't get out! These women are horrible, as are their mothers, grooms, friends...... OMG!

Is it just for the cameras?

What's the worst you've ever seen in person (or done yourself)???

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.
Always in my heart, my sweet Cali, running free at the Bridge.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-04-2009, 08:18 PM
Premier Cat

Re: Bridezilla!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marie73
Is it just for the cameras?
I don't think so...I haven't seen that show but I have seen a few episodes of "Say Yes To The Dress" and some of THOSE people...

I just scanned through my cable channels and I don't think I have WE, so I guess I'm safe from the Bridezillas!

Closest story:
Just out of High School I was a cashier at a family owned independent grocery store. I had a very young boy come in and buy a single candy bar through my check-out stand. I distinctly remember it because the little boy paid with a $20 bill and I thought that was an awful lot of money to let such a little boy have to purchase a candybar. I remember his serious and solemn eyes as he showed me his candy bar and then held the $20 bill up to me. I am certain he did not know how much money he actually had.
Anyhow, I rang up his purchase and handed him his receipt and change from the $20, which was probably $19.45 and he left my notice. I do not remember if I gave him a small brown bag, or not. A short time later a man came into the store with that little boy, complaining to the owner about how his son was not given correct change. Wing came to speak with me and I told him what I remembered about the purchase. I had not left for a break or bathroom trip between the times the child made his purchase and when he returned with the adult man. I offered to Wing that he had my permission to search my pockets and handbag. Wing declined and told the man at the end of my shift (store's closing) he would count my register and if any amount of money nearing $20 was found to be extra, he would call the man.
The man was NOT happy, certain it was a scam and we would never come clean about an extra $20, but I don't think he pursued it any further.

In retrospect; perhaps I should have offered to shut down my register and count it right then/there to show I had no extra monies in it. Though I am sure the man would have just told himself I had pocketed it or hid it somewhere.

post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-04-2009, 08:22 PM
Cool Cat

Send a message via Yahoo to mstx

Oh trust me the shows are true!!!!

I really had no say so in my wedding so I just ended up really not caring that much by the time it happend. I think the only thing I picked out was my dress and the cake. My stepmom basicly planned everything and went with what she wanted and told me what was going to be what. The only thing I really freaked out over was my dress (everyone kept pushing dresses on me that I didnt like) and the weather since it was outside.

When people tell you that you never remeber everything they arent lying!!! I barley remeber any of it since I was too tired by the time it was over. Looking back on it there are alot of changes I would have made to my wedding and I would have had everything done my way.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-05-2009, 01:34 AM
Banned

When I first saw this thread, I thought you were getting married Marie

*ducks and runs*
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-05-2009, 08:56 AM
Premier Cat

I don't get WE, but have you seen the show Say Yes To The Dress? I think it's on A&E. They show everything going on at Kleinfeld, the famous bridal gown store in Manhattan. It's absolutely unbelievable how much stress and emotion goes into finding the "perfect" bridal gown. It just reaffirms to me that I did the right thing by getting married in jeans in Key West.

Holly and Murphy
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-05-2009, 08:57 AM
Super Moderator

I had a friend who had been trying to get pregnant for 10 years and it finally happened. Her sister was getting married at the time my friend would be about 7 months along. When my friend told her sister she was pregnant the response was "Congrats, too bad you won't be able to be in the wedding now. I wouldn't want you to trip and fall walking down the aisle"

It came out later that she also didn't want "her big belly ruining the pictures" or "taking the attention off of me". Bridezilla isn't the word for it, it's another one that starts with "B".

Holly, Misty & their friend, Jake, the dog.
Onyx, Callie May, Maggie & Kobi forever in my heart.
Yes, I know I need a new signature pic...someday...
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-05-2009, 09:53 AM
Banned

What an extremely *unrepeatable word* person.

I hope her husband ran away with the milkman.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-06-2009, 02:15 PM
Premier Cat

OMGosh.........that show is unbelievable! I'm embarrased for some of those woman!!!
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-06-2009, 04:10 PM
Jr. Cat

I confess...........I am a Bridezilla addict. I tape the shows then watch them when hubby is away. Watching the show is like watching an accident - you can't take your eyes away. I wouldn't be surprised if the producers "urged" the brides-to-be to act extra witchy for the cameras for the ratings. Some of those women are UNBELIEVABLE!!
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-06-2009, 04:16 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

They already know they're going to be on Bridezilla - do they call up and offer to be on the show because they KNOW they're going to be evil? I don't understand any man who would let a woman treat them like these witches do. Some of them are just over the top horrible! But you're right, you have to watch it until the awful conclusion....

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.
Always in my heart, my sweet Cali, running free at the Bridge.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page