Baking for the pets? Bird owners? - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-04-2009, 08:52 PM Thread Starter
Senior Cat

Baking for the pets? Bird owners?

We got a mini-muffin tray for Xmas, and the first thing I thought was "BIRD MUFFINS!". I was so jazzed.

Anyhoo, I bought some ingredients and cornmeal muffin mix and went to town tonight.

Ingredients were: chopped carrot, chopped apple, parsley, romaine, pomegranate, chopped pepper, chopped sweet potatoe (raw), apple sauce, and egg in the muffin mix. Once batch I made just this way, no spices. The next I put a dried spicy pepper medley on top as "sprinkles".

I can't wait til tomorrow to give the birds some! I have a hunch the ones with "sprinkles" will go over better. They love spicy food! Betty (chi) and Jasper (in siggy) both tried some, and heartily approved (I gave one to Betty and Jasper stole it ).

I'll post pictures later (because I'm a dork who takes pictures of baking and the process).

Any one else bake for the pets? Any one else have birds?

Kelly

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-05-2009, 02:48 AM
Senior Cat

Re: Baking for the pets? Bird owners?

i have 2 birds a sever macaw and a double yellow head amazon. i never made any food for them i normally just share any healthy food i eat with them lol.

i have made dog cookies and doggy muffins for my dogs. i will say i do like baking but so far most of the places i have lived in had so small or unusable space that it just frustrates me to bake.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-05-2009, 09:35 AM Thread Starter
Senior Cat

I'll let you know how these muffins turn out (if the birds eat them!). They were stupideasy to make!

Kelly

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-05-2009, 05:18 PM
Cool Cat

Send a message via MSN to Jimmyness

Omg what a great idea! My birds always try to steal my human food and refuse to eat anything healthy, maybe with these muffins ill be able to trick them!

Sincerely, Krystle.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-06-2009, 09:44 AM Thread Starter
Senior Cat

Well, they didnt go over that well. I think my mistake was not pretending to eat them first... silly birds.

I put them in their cages overnight (they're out all day, so maybe they were distracted), and the one cage did mangle ONE of theirs.. so that's some success.

Kelly

post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-06-2009, 05:05 PM
Senior Cat

it could be they were a little scared by them. my birds seem scared of everything that's new but they get over it fast lol.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-06-2009, 05:13 PM
Cat

Was it just me who read this expecting it to be about homemade cat food and got a bit of a shock about the thought of baking "bird muffins" for cats

Edinburgh: Honey
Cambridge: Mocha & Bonnie (cats), Glinka & Sylvie (dogs)
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-08-2009, 02:33 AM
Tom Cat

When I had my love bird I made birdy bread for him all the time. In fact about 95% of the time he got a piece in the morning. Somewhat the same ingredients you listed. It was just a cornbread with all sorts of healthy goodies inside.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page