American Idol 2009.............are we ready? - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 299 (permalink) Old 01-12-2009, 12:02 PM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

American Idol 2009.............are we ready?

DVR is all set up to tape! Are you ready? And did you see that Kristy Lee Cook got picked up by a recording studio, and has a new cd.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 299 (permalink) Old 01-12-2009, 12:56 PM
Premier Cat

Re: American Idol 2009.............are we ready?

You beat me to starting this thread!

Yep, taping set up and ready to start watching on Tuesday. Poll question: Are you looking forward to the new season, or are you getting sick of it? I'm looking forward to it, I think mostly because it comes at such a doldrum time of the year. They're really smart not to run it all year long like Dancing With The Stars does.

Holly and Murphy
post #3 of 299 (permalink) Old 01-12-2009, 01:49 PM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

Looking forward to it, for exactly the same reason you stated!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 299 (permalink) Old 01-12-2009, 02:35 PM
Premier Cat

I was sure that I wouldn't watch this year until the commercials started. Now I am excited!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Molly Brown December 2006- January 9, 2013
post #5 of 299 (permalink) Old 01-12-2009, 02:36 PM
Super Moderator

Looking forward to it and the changes they've made. I like the idea of more focus on Hollywood week and less on awful auditions. How the new judge fits in should be interesting. I read that since there are now 4 judges, Simon gets the tiebreaker. So if they're split 2 to 2, which ever way Simon voted for wins.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Holly, Misty & their friend, Jake, the dog.
Onyx, Callie May, Maggie & Kobi forever in my heart.
Yes, I know I need a new signature pic...someday...
post #6 of 299 (permalink) Old 01-12-2009, 05:44 PM
Banned

After the very first season, I lost all interest. The voting is actually a disgusting farce and a disgrace to truly talented performers!!!!! When you have all these goofy 13yr old girls voting for "sanjaya papaya" and the horn dog 13yr old boys voting for every hot female performer, then I question just how honest the voting could be. If the show EVER wants to regain any real credibility, they should have the voting for who you like THE LEAST rather than the most. Because who cares if the performers cannot carry a tune on a forklift...all that matters is that they look good! These teeny-boppers today would probably vote Eric Clapton off the show in favor of somebody that sung worse than a squealing pig but looked like they came out of a glamour magazine!!!

At least Simon Cowell gives the show some credibility. Because when he says that a lot of performers are garbage, he is usually right. His many years in the business as an A&R rep simply cannot be discounted! Labels just cannot be permitted to sign every wannabe that comes along or else they will go out of business.

The sad thing though is that when the entrants sign that contract, it is tantamount to legalized slavery. Every little thing about your past history belongs to American Idol, Simon Fuller, and 19 Management. Simon Fuller gets half of the money that the Idol artists earn, but nobody gives a hoot about that. Yet people lambasted Col Tom Parker (and rightly so) for taking up to 50% of Elvis Presley's earnings...
post #7 of 299 (permalink) Old 01-12-2009, 06:29 PM
Super Moderator

If you voted for the one you want to leave, then the website, VoteForTheWorst, or whatever it's called, would simply have you vote for the BEST to be kicked off instead. It wouldn't fix anything, the voting would still be skewed. People who liked Sanjaya would simply vote for one of the best singers to leave instead.

And the contract issue? That's the reason I always hope my favorite comes in second, so they're not tied into all that nonsense for years to come. But you can come in fourth and still make it in the business. It's the exposure and raw talent that will give them the opportunity.

I'll watch it this year from the beginning, because I usually get sucked into it eventually, and by then, I've missed all the back stories about the performers.

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.
Always in my heart, my sweet Cali, running free at the Bridge.

post #8 of 299 (permalink) Old 01-12-2009, 06:37 PM
Banned

and all the hilariously crap singing
post #9 of 299 (permalink) Old 01-12-2009, 06:39 PM
Super Moderator

Okay, okay! I'd miss that, too!

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.
Always in my heart, my sweet Cali, running free at the Bridge.

post #10 of 299 (permalink) Old 01-13-2009, 10:32 AM
Tom Cat

We have "Deutschland sucht den Superstar"... With a guy called Dieter Bohlen as a jury member. Now starts a new season.
I was at a casting with my son in 2004. It was gruesome - they sang "We have a Dream" all the time...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fo30HAxQ4Sg
(Notice the guy at 0:38 ... )
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page