Please pray for Justin - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-12-2009, 03:04 PM Thread Starter
Cool Cat

Please pray for Justin

I'm apologizing in advance because I already posted on the health board but I know not everyone checks there. If you need to move/take down this thread, I will understand. I just really need some prayers for my little guy right now.

He threw up Sat night/Sun morning and wouldn't eat on Sunday. In the 6 years I've had Justin he has never lost his appetite, he is ALWAYS hungry, even when sick.

This morning when I got up he looked like he was having a hard time breathing so I rushed him into the vet. The vet did an x-ray, he has fluid in his lungs and his temp is only 95-96 when it should be 101. They were having to give him oxygen because he was having such a hard time breathing. She can't tell exactly what is wrong, but she suspects cardiomyopathy (heart failure) but we will have to get an ultrasound of his heart to really know because she couldn't visualize the heart on the x-ray from all the fluid. It could also be pneumonia, but she didn't think so because his temp was low and not high. Right now they are keeping him stablized and we are transferring him at 5:30 to an overnight emergency place where they can give him oxygen if needed. He is on antibiotics and a drug to help him pee, so he can hopefully get rid of the extra fluid.

This is killing me. I love this cat so much. My husband joined me at the vet's office to hear the results of the x-ray and even he started crying after we left. I have only seen him cry/tear up twice in the almost 10 years we've been together.

I just don't know what I'll do if I lose him. I feel so guilty for all the times I lost my temper with him or didn't spend enough time with him. I also gave him a couple mLs of water last night force feeding so he wouldn't dehydrate, but now I think that was a very bad thing since he has too much fluid. I also gave some new treats yesterday and my husband is worried that maybe they had some of that stuff from China that causes kidney failure. I don't know.

He just really looks bad. I'm so scared. I've had him for 6 years and I just want him to be okay. I can't stop crying, it just can't be time for him to go yet.

Edit to add a picture of Justin and me:

Shannon
Loving her cat Stormy and missing her angel cat Justin 1-13-09
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-12-2009, 03:27 PM
Premier Cat

Re: Please pray for Justin

Oh, I am so sorry to hear about your Justin. *closes eyes to send good thoughts and healing wishes for a speedy recovery* You did the best you could for him and I'm sure the vets will work hard to keep him with you. Be sure to take care of yourself through this...
Heidi

post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-12-2009, 03:32 PM
Cat Addict

Thoughts and prayers going out to both of you. You need to make sure you care for yourself and your upcoming baby during this time too. Take care.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-12-2009, 03:34 PM
Banned

Crossing fingers and paws for Justin
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-12-2009, 06:18 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via MSN to Jeanie

My heart goes out to you, Shannon. I know how hard this is on you. My prayers will be with you and your beautiful Justin. I also pray that God will guide the vet, and that Justin will recover quickly. God bless.

Jeanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

A dog, I have always said, is prose; a cat is a poem. ~Jean Burden
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-12-2009, 07:16 PM
Premier Cat

Good thoughts for Justin, and for you as well. Giving the fluid to him to prevent dehydration just shows that you love him very much, and I don't think it would have made a difference in the fluid buildup in his lungs.

I hope that the doctors are able to determine what is going on with him.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Molly Brown December 2006- January 9, 2013
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-12-2009, 07:29 PM
Premier Cat

I'm so sorry you are going through this with Justin. My thoughts and prayers going out to both of you, that he gets better very soon!

((((HUGS))))
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-12-2009, 07:41 PM
Cat Addict

Prayers going out for Justin and hugs going out for you. Poor guy, he is a beautiful cat. We have all been through scares and difficult times with our beloved kitties and understand how difficult it can be. Best wishes for a complete recovery.

Sue

post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-12-2009, 09:03 PM
Jr. Cat

Prayers going up right now for you and your beautiful kitty. No guilt! I can tell what a great kitty-mom you are just by the look on his face in that pic! At least you caught it early. I had no warning when Ignatius had cardiomyopathy. You are very observant, a sign of a very in-tune moma kat. (((BIG HUGS)))
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-12-2009, 09:47 PM
Super Moderator

Keeping you guys in my thoughts. Don't feel guilty, Shannon. You've given Justin a great 6 years and hopefully many many more to come. Hang in there!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page