Trash The Dress - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-14-2009, 01:07 PM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

Trash The Dress

I Googled "Trash The Dress" and came up with these sites:

http://www.google.com/search?q=Trash+Th ... 1I7GGIC_en

There are some AMAZING photography examples. Check out one GORGEOUS girl in the Australian listing, shot at what appears to be a remote forested stream. Lovely! I am afraid though, that while I love the beautiful artistry in the shots, it still makes me cringe to see that beautiful dress mucked up.

Anyone heard of this? Have opinions?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-14-2009, 01:42 PM
Cat Addict

Re: Trash The Dress

I love it!

'Course, I never had a fancy dress in the first place. I generally think that the wedding market is a big, overinflated racket designed to take advantage of us when we're desperately in love, and it all makes me very cranky to think about.

It's a bummer to think of those beautiful, expensive dresses being ruined, but it's likewise sad to think of those beautiful, expensive dresses being worn once and put into a box in the attic, because they're too precious to be used again, or donated, or made into something useful.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-15-2009, 04:55 AM
Cat

I agree, it just seems a waste - donate it to charity if you don't want the dress any more.

If you like great wedding photography, check this site out, by a very talented Lithuanian photographer:

http://meninenuotrauka.lt/en/index.php

The top 2 albums (Asta & Michael, Kristina & Tomas) give a good flavour of his skill.

Alex
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-15-2009, 09:47 AM
Cool Cat

Send a message via Yahoo to mstx

thats AWSOME!!! I wish I would have known they did stuff like that I would have done it!!!! My dress is hanging in its dress bad in the spare bedroom. I spent over 2gs on it and its a two piece so if I ever had anything really formal I could use the tops again. I still think thats an awsome idea to do and that photographer is wonderful wish she couldve done my wedding pics.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-15-2009, 12:52 PM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

At another forum where I brought this topic up, I have been able to give it more thought after seeing the discussion. First, I still think it is a terrible waste of an expensive and gorgeous dress to permanantly ruin it with some of the photos I saw involving paint and staining mud...but I have re-thought the TTD concept:

At first, I thought it was a rebellious way to be shocking and provocative. Then, I gave it more thought...and if I applied the concept of toasting each other, drinking from their champagne flutes and then dashing them to shattered bits to prevent any other lips from touching the glasses of their toast...then I can put the concept of TTD into some sort of perspective. Use the gown for the special occasion and then render the dress unuseable for anyone else.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page