Another good reason for a Cup of Joe in the morning! - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-15-2009, 01:43 PM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

Another good reason for a Cup of Joe in the morning!

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20090115/hl ... 0115154721

I don't usually take a lot of "medical" studies to heart because the results are so easily influenced by whoever is funding the study. However, I love coffee! A while back a study came out saying that a few cups of coffee daily (3 to 4, I think??) showed positive results in lowering blood sugar levels as well.

Yes! Just another excuse for me to wake up "with Folger's in my cup!"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-15-2009, 02:20 PM
Cat Addict

Re: Another good reason for a Cup of Joe in the morning!

Love coffee...I am so glad they have Starbucks in the u.k...love it
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-15-2009, 02:33 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via MSN to Jeanie

Not a bad idea, Jo! I haven't been a coffee addict for years, but this is the weather for it! Did you have to send that weather our way? I can't stand it! Let's go to the South Pacific somewhere until Spring!

Jeanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

A dog, I have always said, is prose; a cat is a poem. ~Jean Burden
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-15-2009, 03:20 PM
Cat Addict

That coffee study is good news. I love a few cups of coffee a day. Now where did I leave my coffee cup...

Sue

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-15-2009, 04:07 PM
Super Moderator

I've never drank coffee. Can't stand the taste, even coffee-flavored anything!

But hot cocoa? Addict!

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.
Always in my heart, my sweet Cali, running free at the Bridge.

post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-15-2009, 04:17 PM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by marie73
even coffee-flavored anything
That reminds me of something my Dad ate a lot of when I was a kid and he got me hooked on them. There are those hard candies called Nips. My Dad was always sucking on the coffee-flavored ones. Before my many trips to Minneapolis for doctor appointments I remember him buying boxes of them, cracking them open as soon as we got in the car, and sucking on them most of the way to Minneapolis. That as well as sunflower seeds and Good & Plenty licorice candies.
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-15-2009, 04:18 PM
Super Moderator

My Dad was also a Nips fan when he was trying to quit smoking!

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.
Always in my heart, my sweet Cali, running free at the Bridge.

post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-15-2009, 07:08 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via MSN to Jeanie

My sister and I used to reach under our pillows every morning, because the faeries often left each of us a box of Good and Plentys!

Marie, I discovered coffee flavored ice cream when I was working in Atlantic City, and it was soooooo good! I had never liked coffee either. That was eons ago, but I'm still very fond of Atlantic City! I lived there and worked at Fralinger's Salt Water Taffy across from Central Pier, earning money for college. It was a great experience!

Jeanie

A dog, I have always said, is prose; a cat is a poem. ~Jean Burden
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-15-2009, 09:57 PM
Banned

I never really cared for coffee until one winter when I was 21. I just had some of my friend's coffee with cream and sugar and all of a sudden, it was like somebody flipped a switch. I started buying coffee and drinking it. Later that year, probably 4 months later, I began to drink my coffee black with no sugar and have drank it that way ever since. I have been drinking coffee now for 18 years and I drink it in both cold and hot weather.

Right now, I am a big fan of Gevalia Kaffe and my two varieties I have now are Cafe Sperl and Stockholm Roast. I also used to drink espresso and actually had a nice DeLonghi pump-driven espresso maker that made very good espresso and cappuccino. However, that machine has not been ran in over 10 years so who knows if the pump would even work. But...I still have my demitasse cups!

Marie, you are a cocoa addict. What is your favorite brand? I really love the Land-O-Lakes cocoas. Hehehe, you will laugh at my routine for making hot cocoa. I would heat my 8oz water in a measuring cup while the mix was in my mug. I poured about 2oz of the hot water into the mix, blended it up as best as I could with a small whisk, added the rest of the water, and finished mixing it with the same whisk. That made all the powder dissolve easily without splashing it outside of the cup. Plus there was no bits of undissolved powder floating atop the cocoa. This made sure that my cocoa was as rich as possible. Now for plain jane cocoas, I LOVED the President's Choice brand I purchased when I was in Toronto, Canada. But I have not been there for 8 years...
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-16-2009, 07:48 AM
Senior Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by marie73
I've never drank coffee. Can't stand the taste, even coffee-flavored anything!

But hot cocoa? Addict!

i am the same hate coffee. not to big on hot cocoa either.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page