Awweeeeeeeeeee! - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-16-2009, 06:05 PM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

Awweeeeeeeeeee!

We have an amish neighbor who has kind of been stopping in alot lately..........it's ok, whatever I guess. Anyway, Dave said the last time he saw him, that he was having a hard time staying warm. He's just a little shrimpy guy. Dave told him that I had the sewing business, and that if he wanted, he could have some of the remnents from our nice thick heavy weight fleece, that we don't use. His wife sews to, obviously, and she could make him a nice heavy jacket with the fleece as a liner.

So he stopped in again to talk to Dave today, who wasn't home from work, and then he mentioned something about the fleece, which I knew, Dave had told me he offered it. I told him I would only give it to him, if his wife came over to meet us too, we've never had a chance to meet her. He said she was in the wagon, so I guess we're meeting today then! Me in my non-matching sweatpants and socks, old sweatshirt, and hat hair!

Anyway........to the aweeee part. They have the most adorable children! They were both adorable! Big eyes, hidden under their bonnet, and all bundled up in their little black shawls and boots. So cute! The little girl is 2, and the little boy is only 7 months. I was talking to her, and smiling at her, saying hello, and then I asked if they speak english, and she said the little girl only understands german. So, she's probably thinking, who is the big weird goofy looking lady with hat hair!

Anyway, the kids were just adorable, and it was very nice to meet his wife and kids.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-16-2009, 09:08 PM
Premier Cat

Re: Awweeeeeeeeeee!

How sweet! I can just imagine their big, wide eyes at meeting you.

post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-16-2009, 09:14 PM
Super Moderator

They probably thought you were an angel, helping to keep their Daddy warm.

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.
Always in my heart, my sweet Cali, running free at the Bridge.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-16-2009, 09:22 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via MSN to Jeanie

What a nice experience!

Jeanie

A dog, I have always said, is prose; a cat is a poem. ~Jean Burden
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-16-2009, 11:32 PM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

Well, with as much fleece and batting as I gave them, they'll be able to keep the whole family warm! Most of it was remnents, stuff that's been sitting under the table since last winter. Some big pieces, some she'll have to pc together, but how can you complain about FREE!

She asked how much I wanted for them, she wanted to pay me, and I told her just to bake Dave a fresh loaf of bread, he'd be so happy! So, looks like Dave will get some nice fresh bread tomorrow! He'll be in heaven!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page