Asking for your Internet *Eagle Eyes* - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-18-2009, 12:51 AM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

Asking for your Internet *Eagle Eyes*

OK, before the movie we went to tonight, I stopped at Barnes & Noble and purchased a 1000-piece puzzle entitled "Greetings From America." It's a picture of all the stamps in a series put out by the USPS in 2002, one for every state in the union.

Here's what the puzzle looks like.

http://gifts.barnesandnoble.com/Toys-ga ... 2Pid=18508

If you click on the image it will expand but it only prints out to about 2/3 of a page. I love the idea of completing this puzzle but I have a problem in that there is no poster of the completed puzzle inside the tiny mailbox-shaped box that it comes in. The only image other than the one I found on B&N to look at for reference is on the side of the mailbox and only a few square inches.

I'm basically looking for a bigger image of the puzzle that I can print out for reference. The one at B&N could do but it's really distracting because, for some reason, the image has all the outlines of each separate piece in it, so it's not very clear.

The puzzle is produced by a company called Sababa Toys. I looked there and could pull up a better picture either. If any of you could find a better picture than the one at Barnes & Noble's website I'd appreciate if you could post the link. Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-18-2009, 01:10 AM
Cat Addict

Re: Asking for your Internet *Eagle Eyes*

.... Bingo!

It is on the US Post office site - it's a stamp series! This image jumps from smallish to really large, but it is a start...The second one might be better...

http://www.usps.com/communications/news ... eet_hr.jpg

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl= ... f%26sa%3DX

Do I get the Eagle eyes prize?

Fran
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-18-2009, 01:23 AM
Super Moderator

Excellent job, Fran!

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.
Always in my heart, my sweet Cali, running free at the Bridge.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-18-2009, 09:47 AM
Tom Cat

Send a message via Yahoo to MissAnne2u

Cool looking puzzle ... I'd like to get one, other than B&N & USPS, can you get the puzzle anywhere else?
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-18-2009, 11:25 AM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

Thanks, Fran! It looks like it's the same size image as the one I found last night, only clearer.

Quote:
Cool looking puzzle ... I'd like to get one, other than B&N & USPS, can you get the puzzle anywhere else?
Honestly, I'm not sure but if you go to http://www.gababatoys.com I think they had a list of all the retailers they sell their products to.

EDITED: Fran, I just now looked at the google link you sent me. I went crazy when I saw that one because the image was huge, but then I noticed it's different. Those stamps are 34-cent ones and the puzzle I have has 37-cent stamps and the images are different. Great find, though! I wonder where I could find that puzzle.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-18-2009, 12:44 PM
Cat Addict

Hey - I think I found a 37 cent stamp illustration....

http://www.usps.com/communications/news ... eet_hr.jpg

On a print preview, you can customize the size to about 25% and all the images fit on one page, but smallish.

This is fun! I love the internets!

Fran
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-18-2009, 03:27 PM
Cool Cat

The other thing I have done in the past - do a screen print (control + screen print key), paste it into Word and edit the picture, removing the extra stuff. Put half of the picture on a page if you like. You can enlarge it or shrink it as much as you want.

Mom of
Skin kids - Jason, Kevin, Allison
Canine kids - Bennett & Bailey (always in our hearts), Riley, Banker, Rogue and Boz
Feline kids - Zoey, Talley and Abra
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-18-2009, 03:30 PM
Super Moderator

Wow, Fran, if you click on that image, it blows up beautifully!

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.
Always in my heart, my sweet Cali, running free at the Bridge.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page