Found My Horse's Pedigree! - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-19-2009, 03:10 PM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

Send a message via AIM to Megan1216 Send a message via MSN to Megan1216 Send a message via Yahoo to Megan1216
Found My Horse's Pedigree!

My friends came over yesterday to help me with Cash, my horse. They looked in his mouth, and we discovered he is tattooed! So, we wrote down the numbers, and I had a friend from an Arabian forum, look it up on the Arabian Breeders Association, and turns out he is fifteen years old, born April 18th, 1994. He is still listed as a Stallion, but I was told he was gelded. I am not 100% sure if there is still anything "tucked up there", so I'll have the vet look in the Spring. He is a Polish Arabian (pure), with some imported/exported lines in Poland, Russia, Sweden, and Canada, as well as some in America. A couple of his ancestors raced in Mexico. Cash was a racehorse in 1997-1998, and won $990 in five starts. Go to http://allbreedpedigree.com and search 'Eld Worlord'. If I give you the link to it, it doesn't show up properly for some reason (probably my mom's computer). Yes, his registered name is 'Eld Worlord'. I am so happy to find this out about him! I will copy all the race stats later when I'm at my own computer. Either way, even if he was just a plain ol' Mr. Ed, I still love him. Just thought I'd share that with you guys! His dad won like a thousand and some dollars in his racing career. I am curious to find out why he only raced five times. Could be nothing, but was it injury that prevented him from racing anymore? We are going to contact his previous owner, and ask if the guy remembers who he bought him from, and if he can't give us their name, if he could pass our information on to them to contact us. It would be really nice to know from them if THEY expierenced any issues that weren't documentated. So, yes a nice little surprise yesterday.

Meg

*~*~*Megan*~*~
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-19-2009, 06:31 PM
Premier Cat

Re: Found My Horse's Pedigree!

How cool that you wre able to find all that information out about Cash! Did oyu know that he was a purebred?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Molly Brown December 2006- January 9, 2013
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-19-2009, 06:35 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via MSN to Jeanie

I'm glad you were able to learn more about your horse's history. That's always interesting.

Jeanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

A dog, I have always said, is prose; a cat is a poem. ~Jean Burden
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-19-2009, 06:43 PM
Premier Cat

It's so cool that you are able to find out so much about your big, furry friend, Meg.

cats leave paw-prints on your heart
It takes a cat to turn a house from a cold building into a warm home.
Cats teach us it's the simplest things that really matter
John
eternal angel Arianwen
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-19-2009, 06:57 PM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

Send a message via AIM to Megan1216 Send a message via MSN to Megan1216 Send a message via Yahoo to Megan1216

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leazie
How cool that you wre able to find all that information out about Cash! Did oyu know that he was a purebred?
I was told he was a purebred, but when you don't have papers or a pedigree, you can't be 100% sure, but now I am.

*~*~*Megan*~*~
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-20-2009, 11:10 AM
Premier Cat

How exciting, Megan!
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-20-2009, 08:45 PM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

Very!

*~*~*Megan*~*~
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-20-2009, 09:22 PM
Premier Cat

Megan, your horse has ROYALTY in his bloodlines!
He has some linebreeding of the "Bey" horses but the one that stands out the most to me, is Ofir. Ofir sired Witez, or Witez II, as he was more commonly known. He also sired Witraz, who was the sire of Bask. Witez barely escaped Russian occupation and was saved along with the Lippizan Stallions by General Patton and brought to America where he was taken to the Kellogg Arabian facility where the Army kept their remount horses. Eventually he was sold and purchased by private breeders who owned him until his death.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Witez_II

When I was your age, I found and read a library book about Witez's adventure titled: "And Miles To Go". It was a very good read and you may enjoy it.

http://www.amazon.com/Miles-Go-Biograph ... 0316800317

OMG! I found this link and was shocked to see the begining prices for USED BOOKS was $100!
...maybe you can still find it in a library...

post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-26-2009, 02:16 AM
Premier Cat

bump for Megan to see

post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-26-2009, 05:58 PM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

I forgot to respond! I'm sorry, I was reading this at the hospital (yes, my uncle is BACK in ) and forgot to respond...

Wow, that is very interesting information. Thanks, Heidi!

*~*~*Megan*~*~
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page