Name a few good things... - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-29-2009, 07:45 PM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

Name a few good things...

It's the middle of winter and life is so stressful lately so how about we focus on some good things for a change?

I have 2 things:

First my son is currently at a job interview! It is to help install closet organizing systems, he would be making a good hourly wage, and the office is only 4 miles from his house. Fingers are crossed that it goes well.

I went grocery shopping today and didn't have chest pain! WOOHOO, that hasn't happened in a while. Over the past couple of weeks it hasn't taken much to make it flare up, and it can just be so exhausting. I even got to wander around the pet store!

edited to fix spelling

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Molly Brown December 2006- January 9, 2013
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-29-2009, 07:57 PM
Premier Cat

Re: Name a few good things...

Husband has been out of state training for the week and I went from Monday to Thursday (today) without turning the TV on! My home has been so nice and quiet without CNN in the background...

OMG! I forgot to include WHAT I wasn't turning on! It was the TV. The TV!

post #3 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-29-2009, 08:55 PM
Premier Cat

The most recent is when Arianwen was comfortable and relaxing in one of her chairs, I went over and sat on the floor to snuggle her for a few minutes. I put my arm around her, and she woke up to softly say,"I love you.", in English, and gently pet my face, then put her little hand on my arm. That made my day.
The extra-furry padding on her paws is sooo soft!
Sweet lil' Arianwen

cats leave paw-prints on your heart
It takes a cat to turn a house from a cold building into a warm home.
Cats teach us it's the simplest things that really matter
John
eternal angel Arianwen
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-29-2009, 09:04 PM
Cat Addict

Leazie, I hope your son gets the job! It would be great to work that close to home.

My "good thing" is about my son also. He is in his last year at college and got all "A's" in his fall semester classes. He also got an "A" on his big senior project. I'm so proud of him I could pop! Sorry about the brag

Sue

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #5 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-29-2009, 09:41 PM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by katlover13
Leazie, I hope your son gets the job! It would be great to work that close to home.

My "good thing" is about my son also. He is in his last year at college and got all "A's" in his fall semester classes. He also got an "A" on his big senior project. I'm so proud of him I could pop! Sorry about the brag
Sue you must brag about your son. I do believe it is a law somewhere.

Molly Brown December 2006- January 9, 2013
post #6 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-29-2009, 11:16 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via MSN to Jeanie

Today there was a real breakthrough with Kelsey, my sweet Collie, so lovely and so traumatized by a life in a kennel as a puppy machine. Instead of avoiding people --except when I'm lying down and she lies on the floor beside me...she spent the whole day with me, and if she headed for a room where she'd be alone, she came back when I called her. That was amazing, and gave me so much joy. When I lay down for a rest, all three babies, Blueberry, Nina, and Kelsey all came, and before jumping up on the couch, Nina and Kelsey sniffed noses. It probably doesn't sound like much to most people, but I was thrilled that we had another breakthrough.

Kelsey is a good reason we should try to rid the world of puppy mills. Never (with, perhaps, an exception here or there) buy a dog or cat at a pet shop. They come from puppy mills and kitty mills, where beautiful, sweet animals like Kelsey are only puppy and kitten machines.

Also, although it is cold and snowy, it's not dark by 5 o'clock any more! Spring will come, thank God!

Jeanie

A dog, I have always said, is prose; a cat is a poem. ~Jean Burden
post #7 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-29-2009, 11:33 PM
Tom Cat

Send a message via Yahoo to MissAnne2u

My Two Good Things !!

1. I went to the gym tonight and did a Super Circuit Workout for an hour ! This is the first hardcore workout since my surgery and I didn't quit or die !

2. Found out we are going to get back a NICE Check from the IRS !
post #8 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-29-2009, 11:41 PM
Super Moderator

Let's see....

Mom has had some issues with internal bleeding and we found out yesterday that the cause was a benign polyp.

Dad had quintuple bypass surgery 19 years ago, he went for a stress test this week and everything was perfect.

My new Springsteen CD was delivered today. Concert tickets go on sale Monday and I'm not gonna let a little thing like being unemployed stop me from going!

Holly, Misty & their friend, Jake, the dog.
Onyx, Callie May, Maggie & Kobi forever in my heart.
Yes, I know I need a new signature pic...someday...
post #9 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-30-2009, 01:29 AM
Cat Addict

1) The weather is looking up starting today.

2) My kids will be 4 in 9 days. Emma has shown great interest lately in playing guitar (from watching country music videos on TV) so we bought each of the kids their own real child-size guitar and they had their first lesson tonight with a guy who works at a music store here.

When the lesson was over and I talked to the guy about how things went he said Emma especially showed a natural ability for rhythm and strumming to a beat. He said Nate was a little erratic with it at first but once he showed him the proper way he took right to it. He has, by the way, given lessons to children as young as mine before and he said that usually within the first few lessons you can tell if it's going to go somewhere or not. Apparently at this age some of the kids don't really pay attention to instruction real well but he said both my kids were great!

I was so tickled to hear this because I come from a long line of musically talented people and I so wanted at least one of my kids to inherit that. I'm not going to push either child if they decide they don't want to continue with it but as long as they're enjoying it I'll take them to lessons.
post #10 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-30-2009, 07:56 AM
Cool Cat

1) My home is warm

2) My home is devoid of other people again

3) My home has a Rotten cat in it

4) I got a membership at the YMCA

5) I have two weeks off between classes to go job hunting in

6) I have tons of new magazines to cut up & use in collages & scrapbooks

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page