SuperBowl XLIII - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 86 (permalink) Old 01-30-2009, 11:43 AM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

SuperBowl XLIII

Who's watching? Anyone you're specifically routing for? I suppose I'd like Arizona to win just because they've never been there before. I'll watch but not really for the game. I watch for the commercials. Here's a funny clip I found highlighting a few that we can expect to see Sunday.

http://www.yahoo.com/s/1023043

On CBS on Saturday is the annual SuperBowl's Greatest Commercials TV Special, hosted by Jim Nance and Daisy Fuentes. You can go online here http://www.cbs.com/collections/superbowl/ to watch the top 10 commercials and vote for your fave. The top 3 will be voted upon during the show Saturday for the #1. Honestly, I'm tired of seeing the Mean Joe Greene commercial already. I mean, yeah it was a great commercial but, for Heaven sake, it's about 30 years old! MANY more commercials with greater caliber have come out since then.

On the top 10 list this year, my fave has got to be Budweiser's "tune-out ref." Budweiser must have a great marketing/advertising team because they manage to make some of the best commercials I've ever seen and this one is hilarious!

Oh yeah, I look at Sunday as a good excuse to just chow on munchies all afternoon/evening. I'm making 7-layer dip again - Yum!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 86 (permalink) Old 01-30-2009, 12:11 PM
Cool Cat

Send a message via Yahoo to mstx
Re: SuperBowl XLIII

We might watch some of it. Our Bike club is having a Super Bowl party and we might stop in there for a little while but mainly we want to be on the motorcycle
post #3 of 86 (permalink) Old 01-30-2009, 12:34 PM
Super Moderator

More interested in the halftime show than the game this year....Brrrrruuuuuuuuuuce!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Holly, Misty & their friend, Jake, the dog.
Onyx, Callie May, Maggie & Kobi forever in my heart.
Yes, I know I need a new signature pic...someday...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 86 (permalink) Old 01-30-2009, 12:43 PM
Jr. Cat

Hubby and I will be watching. Gotta have that last football fix before the long spring and summer! I'm cheering for Arizona, the underdogs. It will just be the two of, in pj's, with a fire in the fireplace and munchies. We used to host Superbowl parties but I would never get to see the game! And yes, can't wait to see Bruce perform!
post #5 of 86 (permalink) Old 01-30-2009, 12:47 PM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by doodlebug
More interested in the halftime show than the game this year....Brrrrruuuuuuuuuuce!
Yeah, I remember having his "Born In The USA" cover as a poster taped to my wall when I was a kid. According to something I saw yesterday, he promises it to be one heck of a show! By the way, how exciting that you get to see him in concert soon.
post #6 of 86 (permalink) Old 01-30-2009, 12:50 PM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonfly
We used to host Superbowl parties but I would never get to see the game!
When we got married, I promised hubby that I would host a SB party for him if his team ever made it to the SuperBowl. It was pretty much an empty promise because since he's a diehard Vikings fan I don't think I'll be doing that any time soon. Sorry, Lori!
post #7 of 86 (permalink) Old 01-30-2009, 01:38 PM
Premier Cat

Going to a friend's house for the SB party. I'm making a huge crock pot of chili with toppings on the side. Maybe some home-made bread, too.

I LOVE the commercials! I also like watching the Clio Awards.

Rooting for the Steelers, though I miss Cowhers' scowling face. Boy, was he entertaining! I do sort of hope Arizona can win, they have played amazingly this year, really cohesive as a team, but I do not think they have been playing consistently enough to beat the Steelers.
I hope it is a close and exciting game, though I have seen a tendency for a lot of over-confident mistakes in these playoff games...

post #8 of 86 (permalink) Old 01-30-2009, 02:04 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via MSN to Jeanie

Jo! You're rooting for WHOM? This is one of those rare years when I transform into a football fan! I live 14 miles from "The City of Champions," as Pittsburgh used to be called. I will be watching, you can be sure. I am showering with the Terrible Towel, lounging in The Terrible Robe, and typing on the Terrible Computer! Come over to the winning side!

GO, STEELERS!!

Jeanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

A dog, I have always said, is prose; a cat is a poem. ~Jean Burden
post #9 of 86 (permalink) Old 01-30-2009, 02:07 PM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeanie
Jo! You're rooting for WHOM? GO, STEELERS!!
Yeah, I tend to go for the underdog but in all likelihood I can see The Steelers winning anyway. If one of my friends knew I was quietly rooting for Arizona she'd probably disown me. Her husband is a BIGTIME Steelers fan since the days of the Steel Curtain.
post #10 of 86 (permalink) Old 01-30-2009, 02:47 PM
Premier Cat

Err ...

What the heck is the 'Superbowl'?

"FIV != PTS"
"SENIOR KITTIZENS ROCK! (between naps)"

Allie and Ridley

Toby - waiting at the rainbow bridge (2002-2011)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page