LOST, the TV PROGRAM - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-05-2009, 12:35 PM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

Send a message via MSN to Jeanie
LOST, the TV PROGRAM

This was one of my favorite program, but I skipped some episodes last season. I lost patience with all of the unanswered questions. So, could someone tell me how Ben, of all people, became a good guy? Or does he have Jack fooled? His character is so slimy!

Just a comment....This season is supposed to answer questions, but the time warps just make it more confusing. When almost every move has to be explained, the plot was and is too twisted.

If the writers kill off Locke for good, I'll find another show to watch in that time slot.

Jeanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

A dog, I have always said, is prose; a cat is a poem. ~Jean Burden
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-05-2009, 01:01 PM
Cat Addict

Re: LOST, the TV PROGRAM

Ben still hasn't been explained. What you see is what you get, at the moment anyway. I highly doubt he's a "good guy". I suspect he's in it for himself, and only for himself.

That's a character I really enjoy. Much more complex than most of the characters we've accepted as "good guys". That's what makes villians so great!
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-05-2009, 01:51 PM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

I don't trust him either! I think I'd cross the street if I saw him!.

Jeanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-05-2009, 09:31 PM
Cat

I could care less if nothing ever gets answered, I'm just so darned entertained ever time I watch.

I love Dan. Makes me want to go watch Saving Private Ryan, love him in that.

Btw, did any of you ever watch The Practice? Ben was the crazy serial killer(of course) who cut his victims heads off and put them in thier freezers. He was awesome.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-06-2009, 05:01 PM
Cat

Send a message via AIM to LadyNeko

I love LOST <3

I missed half the episodes last season so I was a bit confused as to what was going on but I still watch it anyway.

post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-06-2009, 05:03 PM
Jr. Cat

I agree, I don't think Ben is necessarily a good guy. He is still the manipulative character he has always been, I think he just has Jack convinced that the both of them have a common interest in getting back to the island. I'm also getting frustrated with the lack of answers. It seems like the more episodes they make the more questions are raised, while few old questions answered. I am especially curious about the mysteries of the first few seasons that everyone seems to have forgotten about, such as why the polar bears are living on a tropical island, the smoke monster, how exactly people from the past appeared on the island before the time travel flashes began, the strange "force" on the island that caused the explosion after the numbers at Desmond's station were not put into the computer on time, etc.

I'm beginning to think that some answers will not be answered by the end of the series. I hope that the writers don't leave some important questions unanswered for viewers to "ponder," because that would drive me insane. A large part of why I was such a devoted fan of the show was because I couldn't wait to see how the writers were going to tie everything together in the end! I hope they live up to my expectations.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-06-2009, 05:10 PM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

Newkitty, I share the same opinion. It's too complicated now to explain. I'm afraid the writers didn't think ahead, but decided a polar bear on a tropical island would be interesting. I don't think they know how to handle the plot or solve the mysteries.

Jeanie

post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-06-2009, 06:34 PM
Jr. Cat

That's exactly what I am afraid of. It started off so solid, but now I feel like they have just put a bunch of mysterious events together to make it seem interesting, with no plan for a solid conclusion. When I heard that they were going to put out more episodes than initially planned, I did worry that it would ruin the plot and start to veer in random directions. This season and last season have been disappointing....but who knows, maybe they will pull it off!

ETA: I actually found an explanation about the polar bears. I don't actually remember this happening in the series, but according to Lostpedia: "Polar bears were brought to the Island by the DHARMA Initiative, who held them in cages at the Hydra station. Text on the blast door map suggests that DHARMA Initiative researchers were attempting to genetically modify the polar bears to allow them to survive warmer climates. At least some of the polar bears survived the Purge in 1992 and came to freely inhabit the Island."

http://lostpedia.wikia.com/wiki/Polar_bear

..at least that's one mystery explained.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-06-2009, 06:45 PM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

What do you know!

Jeanie

post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-06-2009, 10:46 PM
Cool Cat

I love the show although my husband is getting frustrated for the same reasons you are Jeanie.

I don't think either Ben or Widmore can be considered a "good guy". They are both bad, but who knows which is worse?

Shannon
Loving her cat Stormy and missing her angel cat Justin 1-13-09
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page