TV Personalities That Bother Me! - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-16-2009, 09:55 PM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

Send a message via MSN to Jeanie
TV Personalities That Bother Me!

I absolutely do not like Nancy Grace, the former lawyer and sometimes sub for Larry King. She always has a snarl on her face, it seems to me, and always assumes guilt. She will even bring up points that were proved to be wrong to prove her point. I change channels!

Does anyone affect you that way?

I can't stand our local sports reporter, because he sounds like a poor imitation of Howard Cosell and Myron Cope, but you wouldn't know him.

Liza Minelli has always imitated her mother. Now she has even picked up her mother's habit of leaving off the last part of words, as her mother did when she was on drugs. Judy Garland was and is beloved. Liza is a poor imitation. It is insulting to her mother's talent.

And then....there is our favorite....Judge Judy.

Jeanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

A dog, I have always said, is prose; a cat is a poem. ~Jean Burden
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-16-2009, 10:15 PM
Super Moderator

Re: TV Personalities That Bother Me!

OMGosh! I can't STAND Dateline reporter Keith Morrison. His fake "reporter" voice and super-syrupy voice inflections make me want to scream!

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3949312/

No matter how interesting the story is, I can't watch it.

Nancy Grace. UGH! I liked her a LONG, LONG time ago, which I find hard to believe now.

ETA: David Caruso. I have never liked him, but I like the rest of the cast on CSI Miami, so we watch and just make fun of his scenes. I wish Grissom would move to Miami and take his job. Why can't David Caruso get laid off????

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.
Always in my heart, my sweet Cali, running free at the Bridge.

post #3 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-16-2009, 10:20 PM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

Send a message via MSN to Jeanie

I don't like Keith Morrison either. He has a really "smirky" sound to his voice, as if he were superior to the subject!

Jeanie

A dog, I have always said, is prose; a cat is a poem. ~Jean Burden
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-16-2009, 10:40 PM
Premier Cat

I don't watch much TV. My husband watches CNN almost constantly and if it isn't CNN it is the Western, History, Discovery, Military or Learning Channels.
I tend to just let him tell me about the news (I try to stay low-stress) and prefer to watch movies or read historical fiction.

Adam Sandler is an actor that I have a love/hate relationship with. When he is performing over-the-top and using a childish whine or syrupy sweet little-kid voice and/or immature-attitude, I want to poke my eyes out and rip my ears off. When he is truly acting and being sincere instead of mugging the camera for laughs, I love to watch him. Jim Carrey also falls into this catagory for me.

On the few occasions I have watched Larry King, it seems like senility is catching up to him. Either that or he just doesn't care to make himself properly informed of his guests' names, their pronunciation and/or subjects he is supposed to be discussing. I found it mildly disconcerting. It made me question his veracity and ability.

post #5 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-17-2009, 09:23 AM
Premier Cat

For you Keith Morrison people, did you see the Saturday Night Live impression of him about 3 months ago? They never actually said it was him, but it was clearly meant to be him. They kept exaggerating the approving grunt he makes. Did you know he's Matthew Perry's stepfather?

I agree Jeanie, Nancy Grace is absolutely obnoxious. She keeps spewing all this righteous indignation, while she continues to base her career on and make money off these "tragic" cases she's so happy to be exploiting. Either drop the righteous indignation or stop talking about the case.....you can't have it both ways. Plus she's downright rude to her guests!

And how did Kathie Lee Gifford ever make it back onto TV?

Holly and Murphy
post #6 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-17-2009, 09:37 AM
Cat

I'm not sure if he's made his way onto TVs stateside but Kilroy (Robert Kilroy-Silk) drives me nuts!

He's a talkshow host on a Jerry Springer-type show in the UK. I always think that these hosts should be neutral and try not to take sides but I remember watching it once and it was all about parents splitting up and one lady said "I thought it was best for my kids if my partner and I split up as I didn't think it was healthy for them to be around us arguing all the time" and Kilroy just came back with "No - it's never right for a child to be separated from its father" (in spite of the fact that they didn't move far away and would still be seeing the father regularly).

I was appalled that he took such a strong one sided view - it made my blood boil. I remember when my parents would argue when I was growing up and it really wasn't a great environment. I was actually relieved when they split up when I was 11 (and they are both much happier now with their new partners!). I know this isn't everyone's experience and respect that other people may have different views on this but I think talk show hosts should try to be open to all different views

Edinburgh: Honey
Cambridge: Mocha & Bonnie (cats), Glinka & Sylvie (dogs)
post #7 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-17-2009, 11:46 AM
Premier Cat

I don't like Nancy Grace either. She seems so obsessed with the Caylee Anthony case.

I dislike David Caruso to the point that we have never watched CSI: Miami. Just a commercial with him in it is irritating enough for me.

Molly Brown December 2006- January 9, 2013
post #8 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-17-2009, 12:35 PM
Jr. Cat

Billy Mays

He's the one that sells the Oxyclean and other products. The man can't speak without screaming! The minute his commercials come on, so does the mute button.

I vote for David Caruso too. A workmate's son is a camera man out in LA. He works on the show, CSI - Miami and says that David is a major diva and horrible to work with.
post #9 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-17-2009, 12:42 PM
Premier Cat

Who do you hate more, Billy Mays or the Sham-Wow guy? I vote for the Sham-Wow guy. It's like watching Steve Buscemi do an infomercial.

Holly and Murphy
post #10 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-17-2009, 12:50 PM
Jr. Cat

Tough question October; but I'd have to say I hate Billy Mays more. His voice just grates on my nerves!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page