NO MORE BEEPING! - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-23-2009, 11:47 AM Thread Starter

NO MORE BEEPING!

I don't now how it is in your house,but in my house there is a lot of beeping going on.
The dishwasher when done beeps 8 times.The washer beeps 2 times when finished and keeps it up until turned off.Same with Microwave BEEP BEEP...
..BEEP BEEP...
The stove beeps when finished with preheating,one lone beeeeeeeep.The fridge beeps when the door is left open to long,it never stops when my teenager comes home from school and does so continues one weekends.
Now my dryer has decided to randomly turn ITSELF on only to beep .If i turn IT off ,IT will turn Itself on,sometimes right away sometimes 20 minutes later.Can't reach the plug by myself.And to top it off Monty(three year old son) and IT are singing a duet.
That's enough beeping to drive you beeping crazy,but like they say :"Iv you can't beat them join them."
BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEEEEEEP BEEPBEEP BEPBEEP BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP......BEEP
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-23-2009, 11:58 AM

Re: NO MORE BEEPING!

Some people don't notice beeps. One of our fire alarms is always needing a new battery and my DH and I do not even notice them anymore. When guests come over they are like aaaggghhhhh.... give me a battery I will replace them!
maybe becasue we are usually soooo busy.
We have been trying to change and we notice then beeping we usually replace the battery ...recently at least.
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-23-2009, 11:59 AM
Cat

Wow your house sounds v high tech! The only thing that beeps in my house is the fire alarm when the battery's dying and that's enough to drive you mad on it's own

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Edinburgh: Honey
Cambridge: Mocha & Bonnie (cats), Glinka & Sylvie (dogs)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-23-2009, 12:05 PM Thread Starter

In my old house the only things that beeped was my microwave ,but after it burned down and we build a new one we had to get all new appliances.YES,THEY ALL BEEP!!
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-23-2009, 12:13 PM
Super Moderator

Darn beeping smoke alarms! Friday night one of them started beeping at 1:15 in the morning. It was keeping me from sleeping so I got up and spent the next hour trying to figure out which stinking one it was. I knew it was was one of the 4 upstairs (one in each bedroom and 1 in the hallway)...I ended up taking all 4 down and removing the batteries and I was still hearing a faint beep (maybe it was in my head). I finally took them all downstairs and put them in the washer/dryer closet, the furthest point from my bedroom.

And what really ticked me off is that my father changed all the batteries when they were here at Christmas. And they were fresh batteries! Grrrrrrrr!

And that reminds me, I need to go out and get batteries for them today. Need to change them all since I never did figure out which one it was.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Holly, Misty & their friend, Jake, the dog.
Onyx, Callie May, Maggie & Kobi forever in my heart.
Yes, I know I need a new signature pic...someday...
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-23-2009, 12:19 PM
Cat

all this chat about fire alarms reminds me of that episode of Friends (The One where they're up all night - oh dear - it's a bit sad that I know that!) where Phoebe spends the night arguing with the beeping fire alarm.

It has to be one of the most annoying sounds....and always seems to kick off at night time

Edinburgh: Honey
Cambridge: Mocha & Bonnie (cats), Glinka & Sylvie (dogs)
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-23-2009, 12:31 PM
Cat Addict

I'm with ya on annoying beeps! The dryer my husband had when I first moved in with him was so annoying and I was glad the day that it died and we had to get a new one. I made sure it was much quieter than the previous one.

As far as our smoke alarms, we have those "integrated" ones in part of the house since the addition was put on, so if one battery goes weak they all start beeping! When that happens, cats scatter and hide, the dog stands there and barks viciously and hubby runs around the house trying to figure out which alarm it is while the kids cry that there may be a fire in the house. He's usually great at changing the batteries every 6 months along with the time changes but last year when they adjusted the time change he forgot.

Thankfully our microwave only beeps a couple times when its finished and repeats one more time in about a minute. If you forget to get the food after that second warning, too bad so sad.
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-23-2009, 12:33 PM

and if the beeping isnt enough... my dad bought TALKING AND BEEPING smoke detecters! oh the humanity!
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-23-2009, 12:56 PM
Super Moderator

You would think the smoke detectors could actually have a little light on them that blinks red when the battery is low, rather than just start beeping every 10 seconds. Or an override button that when it starts beeping in the middle of the night, you can hit it and it will re-trigger 12 hours later, during the day. Or just beep once an hour when it starts to go and after a day or two escalate. I realize it's important to keep them changed, but not in the middle of the night. So now they've all been disconnected for 3 days because I haven't gotten to the store for batteries.

Holly, Misty & their friend, Jake, the dog.
Onyx, Callie May, Maggie & Kobi forever in my heart.
Yes, I know I need a new signature pic...someday...
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-23-2009, 04:04 PM
Cool Cat

Send a message via Yahoo to mstx

yep our house beeps too And we have the little flashing smoke detectors but they always flash and they are really bright at night!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page