Motley Crue is coming to NDSF! - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-27-2009, 10:52 AM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

Motley Crue is coming to NDSF!

Yes! I have always wanted to see these guys. Trouble is, I don't know anyone who would go with me. Hubby HATES heavy metal, my Mom would be scared away by it and I don't have any friends who liked early heavy metal except my friend whose hubby is stationed in Italy with the Air Force.

Maybe I should just download a bunch of Motley Crue stuff and give Ken a few heavy metal lessons.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-27-2009, 11:24 AM
Super Moderator

Re: Motley Crue is coming to NDSF!

I go to concerts by myself all the time, in fact I'd rather go myself. Don't know if that's possible for you with your wheel chair, but if it is, go for it...you can act like a fool and not have to live it down

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Holly, Misty & their friend, Jake, the dog.
Onyx, Callie May, Maggie & Kobi forever in my heart.
Yes, I know I need a new signature pic...someday...
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-27-2009, 11:28 AM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by doodlebug
Don't know if that's possible for you with your wheel chair, but if it is, go for it...
Oh, it's definitely doable for me to go by myself but I feel like a heel anywhere by myself. Besides, especially when it comes to music, isn't it more fun to enjoy it with someone else because you have that thing in common?

Anyone here want to go with me? If you can figure out how to get here I'll buy the ticket to get into the fair and one the for concert!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-27-2009, 11:41 AM
Premier Cat

I love Motley Crue! They were one of my favorites back in the day.

I have the same problem. Buckcherry was in our area a few weeks ago with two other great bands and I couldn't find anybody to go with. Husband has trouble with his ears and didn't want to subject them to more loud music. He loves the same music I do though.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-27-2009, 11:56 AM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori
I love Motley Crue! They were one of my favorites back in the day.

Husband has trouble with his ears and didn't want to subject them to more loud music.
I've actually worn earplugs to a few concerts. You can usually hear right through them!
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-27-2009, 12:56 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2kids3cats4me
isn't it more fun to enjoy it with someone else because you have that thing in common?
I miss having someone to go to dinner with and hang out before the show, but once the show starts I tend to zone into my own world. I immerse myself and don't want to talk more than a word or two. I also get better seats when looking for a single ticket. So I'm willing to sacrifice the companionship for the better concert experience.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Holly, Misty & their friend, Jake, the dog.
Onyx, Callie May, Maggie & Kobi forever in my heart.
Yes, I know I need a new signature pic...someday...
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-27-2009, 01:05 PM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by doodlebug
Quote:
isn't it more fun to enjoy it with someone else because you have that thing in common?
I miss having someone to go to dinner with and hang out before the show, but once the show starts I tend to zone into my own world. I immerse myself and don't want to talk more than a word or two. I also get better seats when looking for a single ticket. So I'm willing to sacrifice the companionship for the better concert experience.
I just realized the text portion of this got deleted. I was going to say those are all very good points and maybe I could have Ken take the kids to the midway so they can do the rides while I headbang for a few hours.

post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-27-2009, 01:09 PM
Premier Cat

Wish I could afford to fly right up there...I'd soooo be there with you! *sigh* I saw Motley Crue at a Day-On-The-Green concert in San Francisco in the late 80s, but I was so far away from the stage I couldn't see anything!

post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-27-2009, 01:15 PM
Premier Cat

Quote:
I've actually worn earplugs to a few concerts. You can usually hear right through them!
Oh, I tried that with him. It didn't fly.

I like Doodlebug's idea of going alone, you can't hear once the concert starts anyway! Why didn't I think of that!!
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-27-2009, 01:17 PM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

That's one pretty good thing about the place where they hold the concerts at the fair. The stage is set up in the center of the racetrack with all "seating" in the grandstands about 250 feet (??) away or so and of course it's first come, first serve on the ground. Obviously, I wouldn't do that in a wheelchair. Can you imagine a wheelchair getting pounded on and torn to shreds in a mosh pit?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page