moisturizers or anti wrinkle cream?? need help - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-02-2009, 09:55 PM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

moisturizers or anti wrinkle cream?? need help

Good evening
I need some help and I was hoping you ladies can!
I am not sure what I am looking for when it comes to moisturizers or if I need some sort of pre- anti wrinkle cream of some kind? I tried a few but they literally burn my skin, I applied it around the eyes as directed and ended looking like a raccoon I am 27 years old and my skin is very sensitive and soft, it does feel like baby's skin (my gf's love touching it!) and I never wear make up.
Any advise? Thanks!!

Maria
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-02-2009, 10:48 PM
Premier Cat

Re: moisturizers or anti wrinkle cream?? need help

My skin is fairly sensitive, too. I'm almost embarassed to admit this...but I use "farm" creams designed for milking-cows' udders. It absorbs into my skin very nicely, but when I found it didn't irritate my face, I now reserve it solely for my face. I was able to buy it at a Farm/Feed Store, but it closed down. Before it closed I bought their last 4 jars of 10oz Bova Cream.

The California airport made me throw away my 2nd jar that had only a few oz in it, even though Atlanta allowed me to take it on the plane from GA to CA...I'm now almost finished with my 3rd jar and I have only ONE left in the cupboard. When I am about halfway through it, I will order more.
This cream absorbs without leaving a greasy film, even on your hands. For my body, I use another 'farm' product called "Nothing Like It" by Cut-Heal. This one absorbs very nicely, is GREAT on feet and elbows and doesn't leave you feeling greasy, but if you get your skin wet...it will feel slick.

http://www.usahardware.com/inet/shop/it ... 140178.htm
The below website sells the 10oz jars so I'll probably buy it there, unless I can convince my local Tractor Supply to carry it.
http://www.westernranchsupply.com/body. ... &sub_id=76

post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-03-2009, 06:15 AM
Premier Cat

At your age, you definately dont need 'anti-wrinkle' creams, and, i any case, they are probably a waste of money. Most of these creams do nothing like what they say they do - the only difference between a cheap and an expensive face cream is how it feels on your skin (backed up by research).

I use a light vitamin E cream from the 'Body Shop'. I dont know if you have that brand in the States, but I'm sure they will have something similar.

http://www.thebodyshop.co.uk/_en/_gb/ca ... ode=56314m

"FIV != PTS"
"SENIOR KITTIZENS ROCK! (between naps)"

Allie and Ridley

Toby - waiting at the rainbow bridge (2002-2011)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-03-2009, 06:37 AM
Cat

There are quite a lot of organic brands out there that should be quite good for sensitive skin (esp those that colour & fragrance free). It's also important to look for one which contains a reasonably high SPF (or get a separate cream!). Skin damage from the sun is one of the main causes of ageing (age spots and wrinkles) on the face. Even if you don't live somewhere sunny, so long as it's light enough to see there's enough sun to cause damage! Sorry - that sounds a bit preachy but I reckon that prevention is better than cure when it comes to skincare

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Edinburgh: Honey
Cambridge: Mocha & Bonnie (cats), Glinka & Sylvie (dogs)
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-03-2009, 08:33 AM
Cat Addict

Eucerin is a very good basic product that is excellent for sensitive skin. You can buy it in most drug stores.

Sue

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-03-2009, 09:20 PM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

I have read a few reviews on Bova Cream and I am going to give it a shot!
I am very sorry they confiscated your jar of goodness
I didn't know that anti wrinkle creams are just a fluke! my friend who sells avon is the one who recommended an anti-wrinkle cream.. and it was a disaster, maybe she should find another job LOL thanks Allie
I do drink lots of water and I am a veggie freak so all good there, I do break out when auntie flow is about to pay me a vist haha, too much information huh?
I read that Bova Cream has a good dose of SPF woo!!
What's your opinion on cleansing masks? you know the stuff you put on your face and it hardens after 10-15 minutes?

Thank you SO much for your helping!!!

Maria
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-03-2009, 09:23 PM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyb
There are quite a lot of organic brands out there that should be quite good for sensitive skin (esp those that colour & fragrance free). It's also important to look for one which contains a reasonably high SPF (or get a separate cream!). Skin damage from the sun is one of the main causes of ageing (age spots and wrinkles) on the face. Even if you don't live somewhere sunny, so long as it's light enough to see there's enough sun to cause damage! Sorry - that sounds a bit preachy but I reckon that prevention is better than cure when it comes to skincare
It is VERY sunny here
Eucerin sounds good too, I will just try them all!!!!

Maria
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-03-2009, 11:20 PM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smirkitty
Just a word of advice on your Aunt and her visits. Indulging in goodies *prior* to her visits can increase cramps and other PMS symptoms. When your Aunt is actually *visiting* is when your body is actually best able to handle indulgence in teh sweets

Word
Oh really? wow!! I am actually trying to stay away from bad carbs and sugars but if I happen to indulge I will keep that in mind, how come you can indulge safely while on your period??
That is very interesting, are you like the Dr. Phil of the forum? LOL
Thanks again!

Maria
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-04-2009, 01:21 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypertweeky
I have read a few reviews on Bova Cream and I am going to give it a shot!
I am very sorry they confiscated your jar of goodness
I didn't know that anti wrinkle creams are just a fluke! my friend who sells avon is the one who recommended an anti-wrinkle cream.. and it was a disaster, maybe she should find another job LOL thanks Allie
I do drink lots of water and I am a veggie freak so all good there, I do break out when auntie flow is about to pay me a vist haha, too much information huh?
I read that Bova Cream has a good dose of SPF woo!!
What's your opinion on cleansing masks? you know the stuff you put on your face and it hardens after 10-15 minutes?

Thank you SO much for your helping!!!
Cleansing masks aren't good for sensitive skin, more for oilier skin (since they soak up the oil). Better to use a mask that doesn't absorb and wash it away. You can look for these ingredients/masks: Aloe vera, cucumber, collagen mask (if you are worried about wrinkles), chamomile (look for a product that is specifically for sensitive skin). Look for a professional product in a salon and go for a facial to see what they recommend you use and tell them what is your main concern(s). It's really worth it. An eye cream is good as well if you are worried about wrinkles under the eye, under eye circles, etc. If you are not satisfied with a product then simply return it. Good luck!
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-04-2009, 05:06 PM
Cool Cat

Send a message via Yahoo to mstx

I would go to a professional if your skin is that sensitive so that your not trying and hurting your skin worse.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page