RANT!!!!!! Grrrrr!!! - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-09-2009, 08:23 PM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

RANT!!!!!! Grrrrr!!!

I'm sorry, I just have to say this! I just got home from Wal-Mart, and I always get so frustrated when I go there. First of all, it's bad enough that it's such a busy place, and you have to deal with the crowd. But, on top of everything else, I am sooooo tired of Wal-Mart employees either cutting in front of me, or being disrespectful to the customer, and choosing not to let me go ahead of them in an isle! They are empolyees..........I am the customer, and I shouldn't have to be cut off by them.

Ok, rant over!!!!!!!

I feel better now!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-10-2009, 07:35 AM
Cool Cat

Re: RANT!!!!!! Grrrrr!!!

Wal-Mart employees are never very respectful or friendly, are they! I can't count the number of times I've been snapped at for asking for help from them!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-10-2009, 07:59 AM
Cat Addict

Not all Walmart employees!!! My son worked for Walmart during his summers off from college. He would barely speak to me or to his friends if we chanced to run into him at the store because he wouldn't stop working. (He was part of the re-stock dept.) He won employee of the month once. When he left to go back to college he was told he could come back to his job any time he wanted. He will have his degree in computer programing in May and I hope to heck he doesn't go back to Wal-Mart! Anyway I am proud that he treated his job with respect even though it was just Wal-Mart. He was showing his pioneer work ethic heritage!

Sue

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-10-2009, 08:18 AM

lol, it sounds a bit like Aldi stores overe here (budget supermarket). They're constantly pushing my food over the counter (so it falls on the ground), instead of setting aside until I can get them all into my green bags. Once, my boyfriend was bent over arranging items in a green bag on the floor, and the cashier almost hit my boyfriend on the head with a can of baked beans.
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-10-2009, 09:54 AM
Cat Addict

We definitely have the crowds to deal with at Wal-Mart but I have to say I've never run into an unpleasant employee. They've always been more than willing to help when I ask questions and I've never had a problem with pushiness.
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-10-2009, 11:14 AM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

Sue, your son sounds like a very pleasant, polite, and motivated worker!

I've never had a Wal-Mart employee snap at me for asking questions, but it's like they just don't seem to understand what respect is........at least in our store, and true, it's not all of them. Last time I was shopping there I had a worker cut right in front of me with his work cart, and I had to stop suddenly to let him through. He didn't even stop, or apologize. Yesterday, there was a couple employees talking as they were walking, and walked right past me, again, I had to stop to let them through first. Then as I was almost done, I was over in the bedding section, and it was an isle where there is a support beam blocking part of the isle, and you can really only get through it with a cart on one side, because the other side is to narrow for a cart. A worker who was stocking shelves, had her cart blocking the opening to get past that pole. I was standing right there, trying to reach so I could see what I was looking for, and never once did she even attempt to move out of my way. I had to go around in another isle to get through, then come around on the other side. When I decided what I was looking for wasn't on that side of her, and I decided on a different color, I again, had to walk back down the other isle, to get to the other side of her. She wouldn't even offer to move, and she knew I was there, and what I was doing.

I wish we had more options for shopping in that town.
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-10-2009, 12:02 PM
Premier Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by OwnedByACat
She wouldn't even offer to move, and she knew I was there, and what I was doing.
That is when I ask them to move, please. I don't have the energy to walk around and around so I've stopped 'not saying anything'.

I will ONLY go to WallyWorld if no other local store has what I need. For me, this is occasionally the brand/type of bread I like to buy if my regular grocery store is out, but I can only purchase Ovaltine and Malt-O-Meal at WM because our other stores don't carry them.

post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-10-2009, 12:11 PM
Super Moderator

I've never run into any issues with the people on the floor. The cashiers usually act like they're half dead, barely speak to you and never a thank you. There's a greeter guy who's really nice, wipes down all the shopping carts when they're wet, has them ready for people to take so you don't have to fight getting them apart etc. But if he's not there, you're on your own.

Holly, Misty & their friend, Jake, the dog.
Onyx, Callie May, Maggie & Kobi forever in my heart.
Yes, I know I need a new signature pic...someday...
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-10-2009, 12:33 PM
Premier Cat

I'm not sure,does Wally World have a feedback resource? Customer relations dept? Gripe desk? Make your voice heard!

Also remember.

"There's 2 sides to every Schwartz!"
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-10-2009, 03:59 PM
Premier Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluemilk
"There's 2 sides to every Schwartz!"
Well, I don't want any wartz so I'll take the Sch side, please. I like my WM greeters, but that almost seems to be IT for smiles. Occasionally I'll come across a helpful individual or cashier, but unfortunately it isn't the 'norm'.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page