Cremation services? Very sad need assistance - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-10-2009, 11:37 PM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

Cremation services? Very sad need assistance

Good evening everyone

I wish I had better news but I don't. My aunt's dog: Pancake has been fighting cancer for 4 months now, she had surgery but the cancer had spread and she has quit eating, her tummy is all bloated and all she ever does is drink and lay down with the saddest look , I am crying my eyes out as I type this, when Karey called me I knew something was wrong, I tried to stay calm but I bursted into tears, I love Pancake, she is the most energetic, cute and pain in the behind (in a good way) dog I have ever met, she always greets you at the door with her big brown eyes..
There is nothing that can be done according to the vet.. Karey is now thinking about a memorial, she wants to cremate Pancake and keep the ashes.. I am trying to help her out but I don't know where to go to for that.
Could you lend me a hand?

Thanks.. and sorry I am just a mess right now.

Maria
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-11-2009, 12:16 AM
Premier Cat

Re: Cremation services? Very sad need assistance

I am so sorry for you, your Aunt and Pancake. It sounds like Pancake has had a wonderful life with your Aunt and she now needs help passing over? What a hard decision to make. Most veterinarians either offer cremation services or can refer you to a crematorium for pets. There are also numerous ways in which the ashes can be stored AND turned into keepsake items, either to be framed, decorative art objects, beautiful urns or even jewelry that the owner can wear to keep their pet close.
Best wishes,
Heidi

This is what I came up with for "cremated pet memorials" but you may be able to find many more options.
http://www.google.com/search?q=cremated ... 1I7GGIC_en

post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-11-2009, 12:16 AM
Super Moderator

Awww, I'm so sorry about Pancake Maria, She sounds like a great dog.

You should be able to find out about cremation services through the vet or maybe your local shelter. They usually offer a choice of group or private cremation, it sounds like your aunt would like private. There are many options for the ashes. If you google "pet urns for ashes" you'll find many sites that sell them. You can also get jewelry that ashes can be put in. And grave stones if she chooses to bury the ashes. Many of the sites you'll find with the search above have all the products I've mentioned.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Holly, Misty & their friend, Jake, the dog.
Onyx, Callie May, Maggie & Kobi forever in my heart.
Yes, I know I need a new signature pic...someday...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-11-2009, 09:19 AM
Premier Cat

In my limited experience, I think vets handle that. They'll probably ask what they'd like to do, and then arrange it. I know my former boss had her cat's ashes returned to her, and they buried her ashes in the backyard.

Holly and Murphy
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-11-2009, 12:01 PM
Premier Cat

I am sorry about Pancake. Our local shelter is one that will do cremations. We can either arrange it through the vet, or directly with them. A local funral home with their own crematorium will also handle animals.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Molly Brown December 2006- January 9, 2013
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-11-2009, 09:40 PM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

Thanks everyone, I visited her today and it was the saddest thing...

Maria
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-11-2009, 10:14 PM
Tom Cat

Send a message via Yahoo to MissAnne2u

I'm so sorry to hear about Pancake, he sounds like a wonderful dog.

When I had to put Tobie to sleep, my vet had cremation services available and
returned Tobie's ashes to me in a beautiful tin, which now sits with his Memorial
box and photo frame in the living room. It was $85 to have him cremated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page