What's up with the Chuck? - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-11-2009, 07:24 PM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

What's up with the Chuck?

Someone was listening to a radio talk show-very political... Anyway I caught part of it. I must have heard wrong...

*Is the drug violence in Mexico spreading into Texas?
*Are there American 'minuteman' groups along the border,gearing up for-not my words!!!-war?
*Does Chuck Norris advocate this extremist stuff?

I thought, BASICALLY,Chuck Norris was a levelheaded guy.

OT,has he ever done a comedy?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-11-2009, 07:58 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via MSN to Jeanie
Re: What's up with the Chuck?

Chuck Norris has written a book which encourages a return to the vision of our Founding Fathers, a solution to the border problems in Texas, and a return to morality, according to this review:

Quote:
Norris includes insights from our Founders on a host of today's issues and problems (as Norris calls them, 'old solutions for new problems'), such as those on restoring good government, reducing taxes and debt (national and personal), addressing border and immigration issues, raising youth, establishing morality and civility, and even enhancing good nutritional habits (yes, Thomas Jefferson spoke about that too). Norris obviously has a great handle on cultural issues, pundicy, and research, as the reference works cited throughout the book are reputable and scholarly resources--well-known and widely-used in each particular field of study. (The End
http://search.barnesandnoble.com/Black- ... 1596985582

Jeanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

A dog, I have always said, is prose; a cat is a poem. ~Jean Burden
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-11-2009, 08:12 PM

Yes, the drug violence IS spreading in to Texas. I heard yesterday that Mexico was sending their very own troops to the border! Many pundits are telling parents of college age kids to NOT allow them to take their spring break at any of the various vacation hot spots also.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-12-2009, 02:16 AM
Premier Cat

I remember when 2kids3cats posted about her church going to Mexico to build some homes I had only recently heard a news program discussing the war-zone-like area of the Mexican borders. The firepower alone is what the news program was focusing on, along with additional law enforcement to try to control to roving gangs of violence.

Chuck Norris at IMDb (Internet Movie Database). Scroll down for a list of his roles.
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001569/

Sidekicks, wasn't that a comedy? Hm, maybe not. It is listed as Action/Adventure. It appears he mostly does only serious roles...unless he appeared as himself in another flick/show just for laughs for that particular filming.

post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-12-2009, 03:36 AM
Premier Cat

Itís a huge problem in California, Arizona, Texas, and New Mexico.

Yes the drug cartel violence is coming over the border and into the US. They go up to Phoenix Arizona (3 1/2 hour drive from border) and kidnap and murder people. They have no fear of reprisal from the US government.

Coyotes bringing in illegals now use firearms against citizens they meet along the way. So do drug smugglers bringing in drugs via packhorses. They are doing damage to property, stealing, robbing. Its a problem for those who live along the border donít get the protection they should. Iím sure Chuck Norrisís book is a response to solve it without waiting on the government any longer since theyíve turned a blind eye the last 8 years.

There are no answers in site. I have hope with Janet Napolitano being appointed to Homeland Security will implement constructive changes that work.

I could keep you in stories. My sub whose friend was shot thru his truck while picking up building materials in Nogales. Another sub out hunting and saw drug smuggler with pack horses. They feared for their lives and packed up and left. They wouldnt hesitate to kill anyone.

I have to say I appreicate our Canadian friends after living on this border.
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-12-2009, 08:11 AM
Jr. Cat

WOW, that is scary! When hubby was in the Navy and we were stationed in California, we lived in San Ysidro and I worked in Chula Vista. This was in the late '80s. I've heard that now San Ysidro, National City and Chula Vista are so dangerous that you don't dare go there anymore. Any Californians here? Is that true?
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-12-2009, 08:31 AM
Banned

For those who actually HAVE a life (unlike me), you will probably not have heard of the Chuck Norris internet thing... and how incredibly funny that book now seems. (in context with the internet thing obviously, and not the problem).

He's an internet legend of epic proportions. Rick Astley has got NOTHING on him. Nothing.

http://www.chucknorrisfacts.com/ - This sparked it all off.

As for the problem, as long as there are buyers, there will be sellers. Supply and demand.
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-12-2009, 01:18 PM
Cat Addict

Whether or not it's safe depends on where you go. I haven't heard any reports of unusual or elevated crime where I am right now, in the south of Mexico, and I haven't felt in danger. But I have heard of the escalating problems along the border, and it's scary.

It's a crazy world out there.
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-12-2009, 02:25 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via MSN to Jeanie

I would imagine Central America would be a hot spot too, since many of the drugs come from Colombia.

Jeanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

A dog, I have always said, is prose; a cat is a poem. ~Jean Burden
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-13-2009, 12:58 AM
Premier Cat

You use to read about the kidnappings and murders in Colombia and think how brutal they were down there. Why isnt their government stopping it?

Now its in our own backyards. Our government is doing nothing. I never beleived that would happen here! guess what! It does! Its not how I want to live. You cant even take drives in the country here. They have signs posted to keep your doors locked and not to pick anyone up. How sad is that. We have some of the most beautiful canyons and hiking areas but they arent safe anymore.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page