A walk in the park - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-14-2009, 08:05 PM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

A walk in the park

My project for this weekend is to wall paper the bathroom. Today was a beautiful sunny day and my son is home from college - his last weekend of spring break. So I decided to ignore my project and ask him to go for a walk in the park. He will be graduating soon and getting a job God knows where, so my time spent with him is to be cherished. We decided to go the Chapen Forest which is a favorite for both of us because of the overlook and the interesting rock formations. Here are some pictures of our day:
Just a tree I thought looked pretty cool.

A hollow log we passed.

Tim up on some rocks. After I took this picture he jumped down to the path.

Some of the rock formations.

Tim likes to mess with me by getting close to the edge so I will yell at him to get back. Nasty rotten bratty (darling) child!!!

And last but not least, MOM! Would you STOP TAKING MY PICTURE!!!

Well, the bathroom is not done but I think my time was much better spent. It is not often enough that you get to make a memory.

Sue

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-14-2009, 09:21 PM
Premier Cat

Re: A walk in the park

Your time was DEFINATELY better spent with your son, outside! Awesome pics!!!! It looks like you really enjoyed yourself! And, did he really jump down from that rock? Holy moly!

Looks like you had a wonderful day!
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-14-2009, 10:32 PM
Premier Cat

I love the last picture of your son. I think it really shows a funny/quirky side of his nature that is ultimately easy-going and laid back while maintaining a great sense of humor about life while showing his fearlessness about facing life head-on. What a great adventure he will make of his life with this kind of an attitude. You are a lucky Mom.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-14-2009, 11:20 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via MSN to Jeanie

Quote:
Tim likes to mess with me by getting close to the edge so I will yell at him to get back. Nasty rotten bratty (darling) child!!!
My son did the same thing, still does. Another rotten bratty, very much loved child! I'm so afraid he's really going to get hurt one of these times.

Jeanie

A dog, I have always said, is prose; a cat is a poem. ~Jean Burden
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-14-2009, 11:27 PM
Premier Cat

You have a nice looking son! This is a day that you will remember forever.

Molly Brown December 2006- January 9, 2013
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-15-2009, 03:15 PM
Banned

Sue, those photos really make me look forward to getting there myself! As you know, I am about an hour from Chapin Forest and I really love that park! Thing is, I pretty much know exactly where you were for each of those photos!
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-15-2009, 06:04 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heidi n Q
I love the last picture of your son. I think it really shows a funny/quirky side of his nature that is ultimately easy-going and laid back while maintaining a great sense of humor about life while showing his fearlessness about facing life head-on. What a great adventure he will make of his life with this kind of an attitude. You are a lucky Mom.
Holy cow... you got all that from a picture? Remind me to NEVER show my picture to you. Ever....
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-15-2009, 06:49 PM
Cool Cat

Sue, how far is this area from Chicago? My husband and I are looking for a place to head to for a week in the spring for some camping, hiking, kayaking, etc and this looks perfect!

~Diana, happy mom to Fern and Fergie
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-15-2009, 07:38 PM
Premier Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huge
Quote:
Holy cow... you got all that from a picture? Remind me to NEVER show my picture to you. Ever....
Of course. I've tried to tell everyone I'm psychoti.... Ummm. Psycho... Hm. Psy... Psy-chic. Psychic! Yeah, psychic. That's what I meant to say.
Oh, and I write horoscopes and the list of numbers on the back of fortune cookie fortunes.

post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-15-2009, 08:16 PM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donaldjr1969
Sue, those photos really make me look forward to getting there myself! As you know, I am about an hour from Chapin Forest and I really love that park! Thing is, I pretty much know exactly where you were for each of those photos!
Don, I figured you would recognize the places those photos were taken right away! I like walking there this time of year because you can easily see the rock formations before all the plants start growing and make them hard to see. If you'd like, PM me if you are coming this way and stop in for a drink and a hello. Hubby and I love to meet fellow cat people!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteKitties
Sue, how far is this area from Chicago? My husband and I are looking for a place to head to for a week in the spring for some camping, hiking, kayaking, etc and this looks perfect!
Chapen Forest is located in Kirtland, OHio, so if you mapquest it you would get a better idea of distance then me guessing.
Punderson Lake is a state park that is not too far from Kirtland. Also Geneva State Park is within driving distance. If you stayed at Punderson, Nelsons Ledges is not too far, either.

Quote:
Heidi, it's amazing how much of Tim's personality you got from that picture! I do feel very lucky to have him and sometimes I wonder where he came from. I was never such a good kid that I deserve such wonderful sons. My youngest spent his spring break with a church group in Boston.

Sue

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page