Today I graduated - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-21-2009, 04:16 PM Thread Starter
Cool Cat

Today I graduated

Well, it's essentially over. My law enforcement program is at an end today. Three hours ago I attended graduation. In April I will re-take the physical and my certification will be post-dated to today. I have completed training as type-two law enforcement. I can join the DEA, ATF, Homeland Security, Border Patrol, Fish and Game, USDA, National Park Service, or simply become a police officer. I have contacts in each of those departments now. I've lost forty-five pounds; I have excelled at all the tests necessary to maintaining the peace, and have, according to my teacher, surpassed his skills. I also know how to interview and interrogate. I know the laws and federal regulations that entitle me to do those things in different circumstances. I can write a professional police report, draw court-acceptable sketches, and know how to preservce crimes scenes and evidence. I know how to present a case in court. I have successfully navigated cone courses with patrol vehicles--I like those Crown Vics, they handle well. I'm certified in CPR again, but my First Aid this time is classified as "Wildnerness First Aid". I have a hunting license now, a certificate stating I've completed state firearms training so I can get my license to carry, and tomorrow will be certified as a federal firefighter.

My dad and sister came down from Maine to attend my graduation. My boyfriend also came. My boyfriend brought me chocolate and a card today. A few days ago he brought me roses, a card, and Cadbury eggs. During graduation, the instructor made a few comments on a few person in the class. He made comments on all of my favorite people--and me. He said how far I've come and what an inspiration I've been to everyone. I'm kind of stunned right now...I guess I never really thought this course would end. I've spent 400 hours in training. Everyone's told me how they admire what I've faced & who I am. Now I have to figure out who I am and what to do with me. Today is the first day of the rest of my life.

Time for a nap.

Wish me luck out there.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-21-2009, 05:26 PM
Premier Cat

Re: Today I graduated

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrinityQuiet
Today is the first day of the rest of my life.
Time for a nap.
Spoken like a TRUE person-owned-by-a-cat!

Quote:
Everyone's told me how they admire what I've faced & who I am. Now I have to figure out who I am and what to do with me.
Wish me luck out there.
You know, I have SO enjoyed reading about your journey. I think you are amazing and I greatly admire your courage. I love the character you've shown in pursuing a dream, sticking with it and getting it done in the face of so many challenges and adversity. Trinity, I think you are beyond half-way to finding you, because I am able to see you as the beautiful and strong person that has grown into herself by undertaking this journey.
This is gonna sound corny, but; You really are an inspiration for me.
h

post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-21-2009, 06:34 PM
Banned

Quote:
Wish me luck out there.
Good luck. And above all...stay safe. I am very distressed at the number of law enforcement officers being killed in the line of duty these days...

Quote:
I have successfully navigated cone courses with patrol vehicles--I like those Crown Vics, they handle well.
Ahh yes, yet one more person to see for themselves why law enforcement agencies still use the RWD platform and that they truly are a better drivetrain.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-21-2009, 07:18 PM
Premier Cat

Congratulations!! What a terrific accomplishment

It seems like just a short time ago you were struggling to get a loan and make it east on time to begin classes. You have so much to be proud of, and we're all proud of you, too You have a whole new set of skills, and with your drive and determination I have no doubt you'll be successful in your new career.

It has been really wonderful to follow your adventures. I'm looking forward to see where you land next!

Owned by Pepper and Pumpkin RIP Snickers 8/22/00 -- 11/28/06

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-21-2009, 07:52 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via MSN to Jeanie

TQ, you know how proud of you I am! You are a remarkable young woman. I hope you are placed in the perfect job for you. God bless you and keep you safe.

Jeanie

A dog, I have always said, is prose; a cat is a poem. ~Jean Burden
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-21-2009, 08:04 PM
Super Moderator

Congratulations! I hope you keep on amazing and inspiring us with your adventures.

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.
Always in my heart, my sweet Cali, running free at the Bridge.

post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-21-2009, 08:15 PM
Premier Cat

congrats

"FIV != PTS"
"SENIOR KITTIZENS ROCK! (between naps)"

Allie and Ridley

Toby - waiting at the rainbow bridge (2002-2011)
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-21-2009, 08:50 PM
Cat Addict

Congratulations on a job well done. If more people had your gumption we would all be better off. Best wishes for your future.

Sue

post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-21-2009, 11:48 PM
Premier Cat

How nice for you that you had family members that were able to come and watch you graduate. I know that they are proud of you.

I am so proud of you. We have had a special part in your journey we have been cheerleaders and just passengers riding along with whatever you were doing at the time. I know that I feel quite motherly toward you, and wanted to encourage you as much as possible because I see such a promising future for you.

Good luck to you.

Molly Brown December 2006- January 9, 2013
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-22-2009, 01:59 AM
Premier Cat

cats leave paw-prints on your heart
It takes a cat to turn a house from a cold building into a warm home.
Cats teach us it's the simplest things that really matter
John
eternal angel Arianwen
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page