Do you ever feel like a jinx? - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-27-2009, 01:54 PM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

Do you ever feel like a jinx?

I swear, if it wasn't for bad luck I'd have no luck at all. I seem to have the "anti-Midas" touch.

About a month ago I bought the Little House On The Prairie book series and I'm now 100 pages away from finishing the 8th book of 9. I starting thinking about all the old episodes I used to watch as soon as I got home from school and flipped to the Hallmark Channel which airs the reruns. I started recording them only yesterday and came to discover that today is the last day LHOTP is on; being swapped for Touched By An Angel. Grrrr!

I did some more checking and it looks like TVLand airs them on the weekends if I'm reading it correctly. I'm almost afraid to set the DVR for fear that it'll be cut from their schedule too!

Maybe I just should huddle in a corner and not get "all wrapped up" in anything.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-27-2009, 05:19 PM
Premier Cat

Re: Do you ever feel like a jinx?

That is exactly why I stopped watching network/series TV in 2001.
Well, part of the reason.
One of the main reasons was we moved from WA State to Georgia and had to stay in our RV for 4 months before the house we bought closed. The RV had no cable or antenna and our TV could only pick up two channels. One was PBS and the other was basically sound with no picture, so our DVD player got a lot of use. During that time, I became completely un-hooked from any/all of the TV shows I had been watching.
The other main reason was I would get frustrated every year when they would introduce all of these cool new shows, get us hooked with a few episodes and then yank them off, leaving other shows that I did not care for. So, pooh-pah on them! I stopped watching.

I have considered buying the Ice Road Truckers, but especially the Deadliest Catch seasons on DVD.

post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-28-2009, 11:02 PM
Premier Cat

Awe man! I love Little House on the Prairie too! I didn't know it was being swapped! Rats! I loved watching it because it reminds me of my childhood, when I used to watch it all the time with my grandparents! Life was so simple and fun back then.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-29-2009, 06:02 PM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

Well, I found a little bit of solace after finding Little House was leaving Hallmark. It is also on TV Land in the middle of the night between Sunday and Monday and possibly again between Monday and Tuesday (don't quite recall now). Anyway, if you have a DVR you could record it.

Also, I found the complete Little House series available on DVD. I'm trying to convince Ken to get me that as a Mother's Day gift although it's spendy enough that it should probably qualify for Mother's Day, my birthday and Christmas!
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-29-2009, 08:30 PM
Premier Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2kids3cats4me
...although it's spendy enough that it should probably qualify for Mother's Day, my birthday and Christmas!
Yikes! Well, I guess if you can cram several episodes onto a DVD disc it isn't so bad, but if you have a series TV show that was very popular and played for ages and ages...that is where the "price-yike" is at.

Here is some info I found. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Little_Hou ... (TV_series)
It was a 1hr series that ran from September 11, 1974 to March 21, 1983. So...about 9yrs of a 1hr series. How many episodes were shot/aired in a year? Nowadays, I think it is only a handful, like possibly only 18-22 episodes. Way back when, I suppose it is possible they could have produced as much as 30 episodes for a 'season', don't you think?
Let me grab my calculator...
9x18=162 episodes, (at approx 45min/show) = 121.5 hrs.
9x22=198 episodes, 148.5 hrs.
9x30=270 episodes, 202.5 hrs.
Wow. That IS a lot of hours to put on a DVD collection!

post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-30-2009, 09:28 AM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

Oh, I know. I totally agree. Hubby thinks it's way too expensive but it's 9 seasons of episodes PLUS the 2-hour pilot episode PLUS a couple other made-for-TV movie specials they had (I think they were Ingalls' Christmas specials or something).

Anyway, all told it's 12 DVDs for $215. That's $17.91/per disk, a little less than the average of a DVD price.

This weekend I saw down to watch a few of the episodes I DVR'd and my daughter walked in, sat down and got wrapped up in them. She's only 4 and she loved 'em! BTW, it didn't take her long to figure out Nellie Oleson is a little snot! As for me, I'm pining for Michael Landon again. Wasn't he a good lookin' guy?
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-30-2009, 09:46 AM
Super Moderator

How does $100 sound?

http://www.planetdvdstore.com/product.p ... id=3497724

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Holly, Misty & their friend, Jake, the dog.
Onyx, Callie May, Maggie & Kobi forever in my heart.
Yes, I know I need a new signature pic...someday...
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-30-2009, 01:59 PM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

Bless your heart for finding this! I'd like to see hubby turn it down now. Thanks so much.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-30-2009, 02:29 PM
Super Moderator

No problem...I knew there had to be a cheaper price out there somewhere! Enjoy!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Holly, Misty & their friend, Jake, the dog.
Onyx, Callie May, Maggie & Kobi forever in my heart.
Yes, I know I need a new signature pic...someday...
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-30-2009, 02:41 PM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

Thanks again, so much! I emailed hubby the link and he said, "Sure, we'll get 'em."

One of the neat things about this is I'll be able to see my kids enjoying with me. The couple episodes that Emma watched yesterday she was intrigued and kept asking questions about the time period. The cutest thing is she was wondering where the cars were and why the house was so dark. It'll be fun trying to explain to her what an outhouse is!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page