Nervous about job interview! - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-03-2009, 01:40 AM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

Send a message via AIM to RachandNito
Nervous about job interview!

I have a job interview at a local doggie day care company. I soo want this job, and my interview is tomorrow morning. I'm more nervous that I usually am about these kinds of things. Anyone have any tips/advice for me?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-03-2009, 02:06 AM
Premier Cat

Re: Nervous about job interview!

Wear nice, but comfortable clothing. Deep breaths. They aren't going to eat you. Think of some of the questions they may ask you and how you would answer:
What experience do you have? Maybe speak generally of former jobs and responsibilities. Perhaps think of a challenging situation you handled well.
How would you handle a traumatic and chaotic emergency situation and do you work well under pressure? I do. I can fall apart later, but in the moment, I get done what needs to be done.
What are your best/worst characteristics? Best could be 'I can prioritize and compartmentalize to get tasks completed safely for the pets and myself' or 'animals seem to have an affinity for me and I have no trouble handling even pets with the worst manners'. Worst could be 'I tend to love on the animals too much and get favorites, then I get sad to see them go' or 'I have trouble with blood, I can handle an emergency but I may get queasy at the sight of blood after the emergency is over'.

...remember, everyone started out somewhere and went through an interview process. They will understand you being nervous. Smile and remember they won't eat you.
Good luck!

post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-03-2009, 02:08 AM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

Thanks Heidi! I will keep your tips in mind when I go tomorrow. I'll post back in the morning after the interview... unless things didn't go well, then I'll just post a sad face. hehe.

I spoke to the lady who will be interviewing me... she seems very nice. They have a staff page on the website, and I was able to browse through and see pictures/profiles of the people there. They all seem totally nice, so that's a relief for me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-03-2009, 05:23 AM
Premier Cat

Good luck to you!!! We will have fingers and paws crossed until you let us know how things went.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Molly Brown December 2006- January 9, 2013
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-03-2009, 07:17 AM
Cat Addict

Just be the normal friendly, interesting and self confident person you are on CatForum and you should have no trouble.
Good luck to you!

Sue

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-03-2009, 10:37 AM
Premier Cat

Good luck! Fingers crossed for you!
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-03-2009, 11:05 AM
Premier Cat

Send a message via Yahoo to my5kitties

Good luck, RachandNito! Let us know how it goes.

----------
Renée
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-03-2009, 11:40 AM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

Well, I talked about my volunteer experience, and explained how much I've worked with dogs even though I've never owned one. We discussed my ability to multi-task, and other things associated with the job. She was also very interested about my training methods with Nito. She was very impressed and told me that if you can train cats, you can train anything!

Anyways, I was invited back on Tuesday for a working interview! Meaning that as long as I don't get mauled, and can handle the pack, I will get the job.

Oh and this place. One word... HEAVEN. The cutest dogs I have ever seen, all in one place. Oh man, I loved it. I really hope I get the job.
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-03-2009, 12:59 PM
Premier Cat

Yay! Yay-yay-yay-yay-YAY! You've got your foot in! Quick, be like a door-darting cat and wiggle like mad to get all the way in! ...but don't bite/scratch.

post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-03-2009, 01:35 PM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

Hehe, I'll just remember everything Cesar Millan has taught me- Calm, assertive energy! No nervousness, no showing weakness and I'll be just fine.

I'm really happy I can't believe how nervous I was.

OH and I forgot to say- part of my interview was with buddy the choco lab! I passed his interview with flying colors... he loved me
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page