Gotta love holidays! - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-11-2009, 05:20 PM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

Gotta love holidays!

Thank goodness for my office, and Cat Forum! It gives me a chance to get away to something normal............at least for a while! Only 24 more hours to go!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-11-2009, 05:22 PM
Premier Cat

Re: Gotta love holidays!

23 hours, 55 minutes...

I suggest that you go out and hug Spot on a frequent basis.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Molly Brown December 2006- January 9, 2013
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-11-2009, 05:42 PM
Cool Cat

You have my sympathy.
My in-laws are coming in next weekend. They are not aging well - he is diabetic & won't follow the plan & has dementia (I think he has had it for over 30 years), my m-i-l fell out of a tree two years ago & broke her back, now adicted to pain meds. They don't clean their house, they have it painted. We can't take them out to eat - he pitches a fit and will wander off. She is very critical - you should have heard the tacky comments on my niece's wedding dress because it was strapless (I thought gorgeous).

Mom of
Skin kids - Jason, Kevin, Allison
Canine kids - Bennett & Bailey (always in our hearts), Riley, Banker, Rogue and Boz
Feline kids - Zoey, Talley and Abra
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-11-2009, 06:05 PM
Banned

I am on the 3rd day (hey cool 3rd day!) of my holiday, and loving it still. Sorry that you're having to look FORWARD to going back to the old routine. Must suck.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-11-2009, 08:55 PM
Premier Cat

Ha! All of our in-laws are 3,000 miles away!

...granted, there is only my Mother as an "in-law".
Then we have the "sibling-in-laws"...of which I only have one sister then there are his three brothers and two sisters *cough*the outlaws!*cough* and they are far, far away!
...and they owe us money so they don't call.
However, it does bother me that they won't pick-up the phone when we call them. We call because we want to talk and visit with them, not hound them to ask when they intend to repay us. Owing us money that isn't repaid just prevents us from loaning them any more until the first loan has been repaid. We don't grouse about it, it just is what it is.

Anyhow, we'll just have a nice quiet holiday together.
h

post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-12-2009, 05:01 PM
Super Moderator

That picture is hysterical, Geri!

Just got home from seeing my family this weekend. I sped way over the speed limit the entire trip going there. Hoping I would be stopped going fast enough to put me in jail for the weekend. No cops.

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.
Always in my heart, my sweet Cali, running free at the Bridge.

post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-12-2009, 05:26 PM
Banned

hahaha, Bad luck Marie. Hope it wasn't too traumatic.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-12-2009, 05:30 PM
Super Moderator

You know it's a bad weekend when you're looking forward to scooping litter boxes.

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.
Always in my heart, my sweet Cali, running free at the Bridge.

post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-12-2009, 06:52 PM
Super Moderator

I'd give anything to spend the holiday with my family OR my in-laws! However, distance won't allow for that this Easter so the only reason I'm looking forward to work tomorrow and my routine is so I stop feeling sad that our families are spending the days without us.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-13-2009, 12:15 AM
Premier Cat

We had a nice, quiet day today.
I called my Mom/Sister, and Sis answered the phone. We chatted for a bit and then she told me Mom was being just a little, um, obsessive? Last week, my sister laid some gravel down for a path to keep it from getting muddy. She said she woke up and saw Mom outside doing some yardwork so she went out to "good morning" greet her. Mom was looking at the rocks and Sis asked "What?" ... and Mom said the rocks were dirty and she should shovel them back into the wheelbarrow and take them to the front of the house to wash with the hose.

Sis said it was just too much for her having just woken up so she went inside to get a cup of coffee and that is when I rang. I told her to tell Mom either the rain can wash the rocks or they could drag a hose around the house to rinse the rocks where they were. There was NO NEED to pick up and move rocks to wash them! Is Mom losing it? I hope she was just being 'funny' and picking on my Sis.

Also, today I did some outside chores with the horse and then mowed the side and back yard. When I came in, Hubby was changing out the clothes from the dryer to the couch and then washer to the dryer and putting a new load in the washer. I thought that was so nice of him!
...until...
I walked up the hall to see how he had loaded the washer. (I wanted to check the water level) He had everything set correctly, but he had put the liquid soap in the fabric softener dispenser. I said: "Oh, no, Honey, this isn't right." He asked what, and I explained that having the soap in that particular container would require the load to be run again, because the soap would be released in the final rinse.
I didn't ask, because he wasn't wearing his glasses, but IF he had stopped to read the instructions on the bottom of the lid (visible when open/loading/unloading) AND read the lettering around the fabric softener dispenser...he'd have known. Instead, I just thanked him and got a plastic cup to keep pouring water into the FS dispenser until it ran clear with no suds.
Isn't family great? It makes me wonder what stupid stuff *I* do?!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page