ever listen to your dreams? - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-16-2009, 10:48 AM Thread Starter

ever listen to your dreams?

do you ever have those dreams that are so vivid and real that you wake up and it takes you a minute to figure out that it wasn't real? well i had one this morning and woke up thinking a dog was licking my face and pressing up against me lol. it was a dobe, an adult male dog who's name escaped me as soon as i woke up. i have one of those water fountains for mojo and in my dream this big dobe was trying to drink out of it and b/c his head was so big he knocked the dome sideways and the fountain was going up in the air. he was in the 'puppy' stance, ya know butt in the air thing? and the water was splashing all over his chest and paws and he just kept licking away lol. in the dream i'm watching him and laughing with a friend and telling her i adopted him and saved his life. now here's the thing, i don't think its some unconscious desire b/c it was a he. i've always been partial to girl dogs...always. i have owned a few male dogs and love them just the same but i have usually preferred females just because there's no umm parts to see and b/c i have met resistance to adopting a dobe, my childhood dog, from my hubby and told him i would never adopt one over a year old. this was several years ago! in my dream there was the assumption that this was a much older dog, like 5+ and housebroken. does that make sense? do i sound crazy so here i am this morning looking on petfinder, craigslist and the local rescue for dobe's. dh thinks i've lost my mind. we don't have a fenced in yard but this dog was older and wouldn't really need one as we walk a lot and now are riding bikes too so exercise is plentiful. i was thinking of going to the local shelter to see if they have one as they don't post many online, idk why. so i'm feeling a bit off kilter...all this from a dream? is it insane to go through with something this big? i had originally thought when the time came i would adopt a bully breed, pit mix or something. i just don't know, perhaps i am out of it
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-16-2009, 01:27 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via Yahoo to my5kitties
Re: ever listen to your dreams?

Quote:
Originally Posted by crystal_ds
do you ever have those dreams that are so vivid and real that you wake up and it takes you a minute to figure out that it wasn't real?
I have those type of dreams a lot. And sometimes it's very disconcerting waking up and finding out that everything that happened was just a dream. I've actually cried when I realized it was only a dream...that's how vivid it was.

----------
Renée
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-16-2009, 02:24 PM
Premier Cat

Not to be a 'wet blanket' (ha-ha) but when I dream of *water* (rain, puddle, ocean, river, snow, pool, hose-spray) it means my bladder is full and I need to wake up and go potty.

I have had a few dreams that were very realistic. I remember one when I was in High School and one of my friends at that time was a neighbor boy who I rode horses with. His Grandfather would take him and his horse once a week to a lesson and they would sometimes show in the summer weekends. Anyhow, he came back from one lesson where the instructor was trying to get a smoother "back" from his horse when the judges would ask them to back up in a smooth line. Rather than using the reins, which caused the horse to swing his head up in resistance, hollow his back and not back-up very well, this instructor taught him how to cue his horse by squeezing his legs. (bump the bit and slowly squeeze, when the horse would back, release the pressure on the bit, but keep squeezing to ask the horse to back up)
So, he and I were trying to teach my old horse that 'trick'. I dreamed that night, that I'd ridden Cochise at home, squeezed my legs and he backed up in a straight line all the way across the corral! I was so excited, I was riding Cochise over to my friend's house to go trail-riding and very excited to tell him about how Cochise backed up...when I was halfway there, and realized it had all been a dream! *laughing* What a let down!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-16-2009, 03:19 PM
Banned

If I listened to my dreams, I'd be in Cuba, on the run from the MI5, MI6, KGB, CIA, FBI and the RSPB.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-16-2009, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heidi n Q
Not to be a 'wet blanket' (ha-ha) but when I dream of *water* (rain, puddle, ocean, river, snow, pool, hose-spray) it means my bladder is full and I need to wake up and go potty.
Boy, I really 'hear ya' on that one! When I have to 'go' during the night I will invariably dream of really having to 'go' but everytime, the public washroom I'm in, all the toilets are backed up and spilling water all over the floor.......so I can't 'go'! It's almost like a minor nightmare actually.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-16-2009, 05:56 PM
Banned

Oh btw, talking of water and suchlike, has anyone actually tried (with any success) the old "hand in warm water" prank?

The idea is, you put a sleeping victim's hand in warm water, and they wet themselves in their sleep.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-16-2009, 07:49 PM
Premier Cat

No. No adolescent boys in our house when I was growing up, though I bet if I had a younger brother, he certainly would have tried that!
...and I bet it would have worked on me!

post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-16-2009, 08:24 PM
Cat Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by pookie769
When I have to 'go' during the night I will invariably dream of really having to 'go' but everytime, the public washroom I'm in, all the toilets are backed up and spilling water all over the floor.......so I can't 'go'! It's almost like a minor nightmare actually.
I get that same dream! The setting can be a public restroom or an outside latrine - always a different place, but there are endless stalls of toilets that are too filthy or backed up to use. VERY frustrating!

Sue

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-16-2009, 10:44 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via MSN to Jeanie

I'm almost always in my old high school or college, and can't find the restroom. I hate to get up in the night.

Jeanie

A dog, I have always said, is prose; a cat is a poem. ~Jean Burden
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-17-2009, 05:18 PM
Premier Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by crystal_ds
do you ever have those dreams that are so vivid and real that you wake up and it takes you a minute to figure out that it wasn't real? well i had one this morning and woke up thinking a dog was licking my face and pressing up against me lol. it was a dobe, an adult male dog who's name escaped me as soon as i woke up. i have one of those water fountains for mojo and in my dream this big dobe was trying to drink out of it and b/c his head was so big he knocked the dome sideways and the fountain was going up in the air. he was in the 'puppy' stance, ya know butt in the air thing? and the water was splashing all over his chest and paws and he just kept licking away lol. in the dream i'm watching him and laughing with a friend and telling her i adopted him and saved his life. now here's the thing, i don't think its some unconscious desire b/c it was a he. i've always been partial to girl dogs...always. i have owned a few male dogs and love them just the same but i have usually preferred females just because there's no umm parts to see and b/c i have met resistance to adopting a dobe, my childhood dog, from my hubby and told him i would never adopt one over a year old. this was several years ago! in my dream there was the assumption that this was a much older dog, like 5+ and housebroken. does that make sense? do i sound crazy so here i am this morning looking on petfinder, craigslist and the local rescue for dobe's. dh thinks i've lost my mind. we don't have a fenced in yard but this dog was older and wouldn't really need one as we walk a lot and now are riding bikes too so exercise is plentiful. i was thinking of going to the local shelter to see if they have one as they don't post many online, idk why. so i'm feeling a bit off kilter...all this from a dream? is it insane to go through with something this big? i had originally thought when the time came i would adopt a bully breed, pit mix or something. i just don't know, perhaps i am out of it
They talk a lot about this in the book Animals and the Afterlife: by Kim Sheridan Ph.D. I found the book facinating

http://www.amazon.com/Animals-Afterl...0002936&sr=1-1
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page