Record-breaking heat wave here - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-21-2009, 02:09 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Record-breaking heat wave here

I was never so glad to be at work as I was today! It got up to 98 degrees here. In the 100's a bit further inland. In April.

Supposed to be even hotter tomorrow!

Quote:
San Diego-area beaches were crowded Sunday as temperatures reached 89 degrees in downtown San Diego, breaking the 95-year-old record of 85 degrees set April 19, 1914.

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.
Always in my heart, my sweet Cali, running free at the Bridge.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-21-2009, 02:44 AM
Cat Addict

Re: Record-breaking heat wave here

Ugh! Same here - we are up the coast and we are roasting too!! 100 degrees this afternoon, and we are on the coast. Inland must have been unbearable! I have got to remember to keep the birdbath filled, and the potted plants watered - this heat will really do some damage!

(Gracie got a bath today - maybe she actually appreciated having a slightly damp coat...! )

Fran
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-21-2009, 02:49 AM

Oh yeah, I've been reading about the record temps out west. Over here where I'm at we're going to get snow flurries tonite and hit the 80's by the end of this week! What the HEY is that about???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-21-2009, 04:21 PM
Cat Addict

Yeah, I'm going to Phoenix next weekend for a short vacation, and I've been warned that they already broke 100. Ew.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-21-2009, 04:23 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

I was in Phoenix two weekends ago, and it was nice. A little overcast and sprinkling as I drove away. But it's been in the 90's and low hundreds off and on since the beginning of April. I hit it just right.

post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-21-2009, 04:30 PM
Banned

It reached high levels in the UK as well today. 21 degress C!
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-21-2009, 11:23 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via MSN to Jeanie

21c is cold! I kept my tropical fish at 27c! That's my kind of weather.

Marie, did you get that free standing air conditioner? Or a window air conditioner? It runs in my mind that you got one. You'll need it tomorrow!

Jeanie

A dog, I have always said, is prose; a cat is a poem. ~Jean Burden
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-21-2009, 11:33 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Heat wave already broke! It's 66 right now at 8:30 p.m. PURRFECT!!! It was supposed to be 89 today - in the coolest area! - and it was only 76.

post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-21-2009, 11:36 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via MSN to Jeanie

Good! Did you get the air conditioner?

Jeanie

A dog, I have always said, is prose; a cat is a poem. ~Jean Burden
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-22-2009, 12:08 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

I have one, but it has to be installed in a window and I'll lose the window the rest of the year. It doesn't allow fresh air to come in and I need my window open. Not really worth it for a few times a year. Heck, this heat wave only lasted two days.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page