job ad on Craigslist - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-20-2010, 03:57 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

job ad on Craigslist

If this was in San Diego, I would have applied, but I was looking on the Phoenix Craiglist for a friend:

Busy attorney needs part-time legal assistant/receptionist to assist with client intake, filing, scheduling and document preparation. Our firm handles family law matters and estate planning. This could become a full-time job.

The right person will:
1. Have a great attitude. Sarcasm is great - in fact, it's welcome. No matter what, your "baseline" needs to be positive.
2. Like dogs. Our office is dog-friendly on an occasional, case-by-case basis. If you have a small old house-trained dog that sleeps all day and never makes a peep and you'd love to bring the dog to work with you, this may be a great position for you. If you're allergic, this is not the right position for you.
3. Want their own office.
4. Be comfortable with a lot of physical work. You're not carrying boxes. But you may be up and down all day, carrying files, greeting clients, making copies, and possibly socializing with other people around the building. Particularly since some of them are clients.
5. Have at least three years of recent real law firm experience, particularly with the areas of law in which we practice.
6. Realize that this is a position that could become full-time at peak times. Your productivity could directly contribute to your position becoming a full-time position.
7. Never give legal advice. Ever. Even about something unrelated to our practice.

If you want to dress casually every day, that is fine. Office-appropriate casual dress is completely acceptable. Some telecommuting is acceptable but office presence is required for about 90% of the work.

Compensation will heavily depend on experience.

ADDENDUM: We have received several photographs of dogs, which was awesome. We received a photograph of a young woman in a tight black dress, which was not so awesome. If you perhaps want to send family photos, photos from your latest vacation, photos of your home, plants, meals you've eaten, meals you've turned down, or fun drunk bar photos, that might round it out.

By sending any photograph in response to this post, you waive all rights to that photograph and waive claims to compensation or damages as a result of its reproduction. Some of the stuff we're receiving deserves a reprint somewhere.

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.
Always in my heart, my sweet Cali, running free at the Bridge.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-20-2010, 04:07 AM
Cat Addict

haha is that a serious ad? It's brilliant!
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-20-2010, 04:15 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Yes, it's serious.

Companies have begun to be very creative in their ads lately. You kind of weed out the too-serious, can't-take-a-joke people that way, too.

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.
Always in my heart, my sweet Cali, running free at the Bridge.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-20-2010, 05:56 AM
Premier Cat

Its a very clever ad

"FIV != PTS"
"SENIOR KITTIZENS ROCK! (between naps)"

Allie and Ridley

Toby - waiting at the rainbow bridge (2002-2011)
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-20-2010, 05:56 AM
Banned

I'd work for them, and I've never had any interest in working for Shyster and Shafter companies.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-20-2010, 08:44 AM
Premier Cat

Awesome! I'd apply for that job in about 2 seconds.

Holly and Murphy
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-20-2010, 09:43 AM
Premier Cat

I would apply for the job and move if I got the job!

Molly Brown December 2006- January 9, 2013
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-20-2010, 10:41 AM
Banned

I loved this bit:
Quote:
By sending any photograph in response to this post, you waive all rights to that photograph and waive claims to compensation or damages as a result of its reproduction. Some of the stuff we're receiving deserves a reprint somewhere.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-20-2010, 12:18 PM
Premier Cat

That was awesome!

post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-20-2010, 12:59 PM
Super Moderator

Haha, that's great!! One tweak that would make it even better was if they were a cat lover office. Dogs are fine too though.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page