Ellen quits Idol - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-30-2010, 12:12 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Ellen quits Idol

I think she quit before she was fired. She said it was hard for her to judge and hurt their feelings. Really? She was a huge fan of the show, did she not know she'd have to actually judge? Apparently not. She admitted on Larry King Live that she lied many times when she complimented contestants.

The original executive producer, Nigel Lythgoe, is (reportedly) returning to the show and has made it clear that he'd like to replace all the judges. He said in the past that when Simon left, he'd like to shake things up. And he hated the 4-judge format. As he put it in an interview, once you've been told you suck, you really don't need to hear it three more times.

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.
Always in my heart, my sweet Cali, running free at the Bridge.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-30-2010, 12:19 AM
Super Moderator

I actually thought she did better than I expected, but then my expectations were really low. Not that I dislike her, but she really was a fish out of water.

Other rumor is that J Lo is close to signing a deal as a new judge.

Holly, Misty & their friend, Jake, the dog.
Onyx, Callie May, Maggie & Kobi forever in my heart.
Yes, I know I need a new signature pic...someday...
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-30-2010, 12:32 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

I still want Harry Connick, Jr. The best mentor ever!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-30-2010, 01:03 AM
Cat Addict

Chris Isaac is the MAN!

He would be great for the show, and maybe a whole new audience will discover one of the most underrated artists ever.

-steve

post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-30-2010, 01:10 AM
Cat Addict

Poor Ellen. I love her on her show, but she really didn't fit on Idol. She is too nice.

Rachael with Thurston, Sully and Ninja.

Puzzles and Tyler, Gone but never forgotten
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-30-2010, 01:38 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via MSN to Jeanie
I don't watch Idol, but I do know that Harry Connick knows music!

Jeanie

A dog, I have always said, is prose; a cat is a poem. ~Jean Burden
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-30-2010, 09:37 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Kara is out, too. I think her contract was not renewed.

Today's rumor, Jlo and Steven Tyler (ewwwww!) are in. Well, it's not like either of them are doing anything else. But Steven Tyler? Not sure he can stay out of rehab long enough. Plus, ewwwwww! He's a mess to look at and listen to.

post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-30-2010, 10:07 PM
Super Moderator

I also heard Jessica Simpson as a rumor for a judge.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-30-2010, 10:09 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

I heard that one, too. I guess if we can't have Paula.....

post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-30-2010, 10:12 PM
Super Moderator

Boy that sounds like a recipe for disaster. I don't see any chemistry in that trio (I've read that Randy is in). I think Steve would be the Simon replacement for telling it like it is, but he just doesn't have the charisma to pull it off like Simon. And really...if you're trying to be current...hiring someone who peaked in the 70s and had a second flash in the 90's isn't going to do it. And that's coming from someone who likes Aerosmith (who are actually on tour right now, so he does have something to do for a couple more months anyway).

Holly, Misty & their friend, Jake, the dog.
Onyx, Callie May, Maggie & Kobi forever in my heart.
Yes, I know I need a new signature pic...someday...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page