I need a tiny kitty Taser - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-17-2010, 04:30 PM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

I need a tiny kitty Taser

Mia found an escape route from the pool enclosure during the night. I leave the sliding door to the pool area open enough for the kids to go in and out there at night. Fay sleeps with me most of the night but Mia is in and out.

Mia usually hops up for morning greeting when my alarm goes off. This morning she didn't. When I went to the pool she wasn't there. I searched the house and couldn't find her so I sat out by the pool for a coffee and cigarette after finding a flap in one corner of the screen enclosure lose.

I eventually spotted her wandering in the bushes in back. She looked tired and came into the pool enclosure soon after I opened the door. I put a bucket in front of the lose flap and went to take a shower leaving Mia out there.

When I got out of the shower she had disappeared and a search off the house and pool area didn't turn up a Mia. I had to go thru the fence to find her behind some bushes in the front yard this time. She wouldn't let me near her. My Vet was right when she said you can never catch a Colorpoint that doesn't want to be caught. She just sat there in the bushes meowing at me.

It took a large pile of Fancy Feast Dry to coax her into the pool area and then another 20 minutes before she decided to go into the house. By then I was 1/2 an hour late for work and had to shower again after wandering around in the early morning heat. Total. An hour late for work.

If I had a tiny little taser I could have gotten her so much faster. Or an implant with her ID chip that would let me imobilizer here with a radio signal.

Tiny Kitty Tasers. People have been on TV hawking 'sonic pet trainers' lately. You could see me on an infomercial soon.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-17-2010, 04:54 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via MSN to Jeanie
Tsk, tsk! It's the corner for you, Dave! I know you were worried, but I don't consider that an extenuating circumstance! It's dried bread and water for a week!

Jeanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

A dog, I have always said, is prose; a cat is a poem. ~Jean Burden
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-17-2010, 05:20 PM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

Yea, well Mia's pool priviledges are suspended for tonight.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-18-2010, 12:38 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via MSN to Jeanie
Poor Mia! I'm sure she loves to swim.

Jeanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

A dog, I have always said, is prose; a cat is a poem. ~Jean Burden
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-18-2010, 12:48 PM
Premier Cat

Tasers? How about a huge magnet you embed in them so you can suction them back to your house when they've escaped. We just need to be creative with this stuff. How about Kitty Lo-Jack?

Holly and Murphy
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-18-2010, 02:15 PM
Premier Cat

Oooh! Is "Lo-Jack" the one that shuts the car down and provides a GPS signal? That would be much better than a microchip. ...but I am LOVING the suggestion of Instant Magnetic Return! (maybe we could develop something like that for car keys, too)

Dave, we have been brain-storming about building an outdoor kitty enclosure and turning our patio into a Florida Room with screens.
We may have a solution to your escapee problem:

We discussed how flimsy screens are, as we've found to the detriment of our home windows, and have been thinking about ways to protect both the integrity of the screens and provide a secure barrier to keep cats in, other things out and still allow for maximum air-flow.
What we've decided on is adding a heavier barricade to the lower part of the enclosures. Something inexpensive like panels of wire 'hardware cloth' securely stapled to a wood frame or even small-hole wire/bar sections like those used for dog-crates securely fastened around the structure.
Could you install something like that?

post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-18-2010, 03:03 PM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

The screens used in a pool enclosure are a lot stronger than window screens. It takes an accident from me mishandling a long pool sweeper or someone installing a pavered deck to punch an openning in them. I just need to run inspections ocassionally so I know if it happens and repair the escape route before it's used.

The kids love the view at ground level. They get to look out and watch all the bugs and lizards out there and peer through the plants so I won't do anything to change the current setup. Any damage is usually in the corner of a screen and I use the ever classy duct tape fix.

The enclosure screens are strong enough for Mia to have a blast spider catting herslef to them 8 feet up when she's chasing bugs and she doesn't do any damage to them.

I'd like to have a Magnetic Cat Return for emergencies though.
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-18-2010, 03:16 PM
Premier Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_ph View Post
The enclosure screens are strong enough for Mia to have a blast spider catting herslef to them 8 feet up when she's chasing bugs and she doesn't do any damage to them.
Wow! That screen material sounds awesome and the mental image of Mia Spider-catting was great!

Spider Cat, Spider Cat.
Does whatever a spider-cat does.
Can she swing, from a web?
No she can't, she's a cat.
Look ouuuuuut ... here comes the Spider Cat!

...inspired by the Spider-Pig song from The Simpsons:

post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-18-2010, 03:26 PM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

I've sung Spider Cat to her while she's up there. One of these day's I'll have the camera ready when she's attached a few feet up.
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-18-2010, 07:51 PM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

The escape route has been found and sealed. Now she's giving me that Siamese complaint because Cabana Boy hasn't put out fresh towels on her lounge chair. And it's litter change night.

A cat servants job is never done.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page