What Did Kids Do to YOU in Your Childhood? - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 35 (permalink) Old 08-17-2010, 04:41 PM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

Send a message via MSN to Jeanie
What Did Kids Do to YOU in Your Childhood?

The other side of "What Dumb Thing Did You Do?"

My sister was three years older than I, and Mom often told her she had to take me along. Well, that went over like a wet balloon!

My sister often wandered me. She would tell me to stand still and not move, and she would round up the other kids to go sledding. I believed her.....for about an hour.

I made her swear on the Bible that she would play paper dolls with me on a certain day. I was about 7; that's my excuse. She refused; I got reprimanded by my mother, and my sister had to play paper dolls. You can imagine how much fun that was.

I went head over hills into a large excavation trying to rescue some white mice (or rats?) that a boy had. He wanted to see if they could manuever the 90 degree angle. Well, they couldn't, and neither could I. I vaguely remembered seeing things projecting from the side as I went head over heels down the steep precipice.

My sister told me not to say anything to my mother; she would handle things. My mother said I was so bloody she couldn't see any part of me except my eyes, but the head wound wasn't bad. I got first aid and a tetanus shot. My sister explained that a blind man had pushed me over the edge of the cliff! I don't know if Mom ever learned the truth, but I'm sure she didn't believe my sister's story, and she was so worried about me she didn't ask!

Jeanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

A dog, I have always said, is prose; a cat is a poem. ~Jean Burden
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 35 (permalink) Old 08-17-2010, 05:33 PM
Banned

I got shot in the head..

By my brother's home-made potato cannon.

I had a concussion, and a round mark on my forehead for about a month. Oh and potato in every facial crevice.
post #3 of 35 (permalink) Old 08-17-2010, 05:49 PM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

Oh my! As I picture this, am I allowed to laugh? It's so hard to hold it in!

Jeanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 35 (permalink) Old 08-17-2010, 05:54 PM
Cool Cat

My sister used to chase me around the house with her barney flashlight & gave me a black eye on more than one occasion. My dad finally got tired of it, and he told me to stand up for myself. So, the next time she bothered me, I smacked her so hard on the stomach that she had a hand print!! Needless to say, I was the one who got in trouble for beating up my baby sister (she was 2, I was 5).

About a year later, my sister decided to draw on my parent's bathroom cabinet with my mom's makeup. She blamed it on me (my mom believed her), but my dad finally got a confession a couple of hours later...

Another time, she got mad at me for beating her at a card game, so she cut open my pillows. My dad found her hiding under her bed!! LOL! My mom made him let her off easy though (my sister was the best at crocodile tears and my mom always fell for it!)

I finally got my "revenge" when she fell face first on a hill while we were walking to the bus stop; I was about 16 and she was 12. She was running up the hill and tripped on her flip flops, so she fell. The bad thing about it was that she had a ~50Ib book bag fall on her too! I feel "slightly" ashamed for this, but I burst out laughing when she rolled over with the book bag and said, "My brains...!" Then I called my mom to pick her up, and she was promptly seen in the local doctor's care, in front of several other previous patients, so she wouldn't drip blood everywhere. My parents love to make me re-enact this story for our family & friends at social gatherings
post #5 of 35 (permalink) Old 08-17-2010, 05:56 PM
Cat Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by swimkris View Post
My sister used to chase me around the house with her barney flashlight

I love you.....BAM***
post #6 of 35 (permalink) Old 08-17-2010, 07:13 PM
Tom Cat

My brother and his friend, threw mud at me and I was COVERED in it. Um ya, you asked
post #7 of 35 (permalink) Old 08-17-2010, 07:34 PM
Premier Cat

My sister was horrible to me. She was 7 1/2 years old, the baby, and the only girl when I came along. She really hated me, especially when we got older and she had to babysit me every week.

She shot me in the stomach with a staple gun (thankfully it didn't stick in).
She would pin me down on the ground with my hands held above my head and poke me, or tickle me under the arms until I cried. I still panic if my hands are restrained in any way.
She and her best friend would double team me.
She would just bully me in general.

The worst thing was that she never left any marks, and I never had any witnesses. It lasted for years until she finally graduated from high school.

I have to say that when she licked a metal porch support while on vacation in Maine and her tongue froze to it I had a huge sense of glee.

Molly Brown December 2006- January 9, 2013
post #8 of 35 (permalink) Old 08-17-2010, 08:28 PM
Super Moderator

While I don't have any siblings, I didn't lack the experience...we lived in a garden style apartment and the kid upstairs played the role of big brother really well...

I was about 3 and he was 4 when he intentionally ran over my foot with his tricycle. No broken toes, but cut and scraped things up pretty bad. This was a day or two before we were heading to the beach on vacation. Keeping sand out of it was impossible and I ended up with a nasty infection.

I had an appendectomy when I was 4 (no laprascopic surgery in those days). The day after I came home from the hospital he punched me in the stomach.

I got a brand new big box of crayons for a gift (64 colors...I never had more than 8 before then) and he broke every one of them in half.

Holly, Misty & their friend, Jake, the dog.
Onyx, Callie May, Maggie & Kobi forever in my heart.
Yes, I know I need a new signature pic...someday...
post #9 of 35 (permalink) Old 08-18-2010, 12:17 AM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

Quote:
I got a brand new big box of crayons for a gift (64 colors...I never had more than 8 before then) and he broke every one of them in half.
It was all bad, but this was really rotten! 64 crayons were a child's dream come true!

Jeanie

post #10 of 35 (permalink) Old 08-18-2010, 06:50 AM
Cat Addict

My brother and his friend had climbed to the top of an old swing-set with a big tree branch. They called me to "help" them and when I was under it, they dropped it on my head. I was about 5 years old.

Mostly I remember how cruel kids were in Middle School. I got tripped/kicked all the time. I got a straight pin shoved into my leg. I got cartons of milk and mud thrown at me. Kids eh?

Rachael with Thurston, Sully and Ninja.

Puzzles and Tyler, Gone but never forgotten
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page