cats you don't connect with - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-01-2010, 11:03 AM Thread Starter
Jr. Cat

cats you don't connect with

Ever had a solo cat you really didn't connect with?

Have been thinking about SemiFeralKitty and whether to try to re-home her or to hurry up finding a place that permits pets, and then get her a buddy I do have that sense of recognition with.

Don't get me wrong -- I'm happy to take care of her, happy when she's doing well, worried when she's not. I feel guilty for not liking her that much, especially since I suspect she has slight head injury.

Donning flame-retardant suit and ducking, sadly ...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-01-2010, 11:28 AM
Senior Cat

The girl I picked up my kitten from had 2 adult cats. She told me that one of them she didnt even know even after having him for years, she just kept him because the other one liked him so much. Sounded strange to me.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-01-2010, 11:35 AM Thread Starter
Jr. Cat

Yeah, it's strange. Maybe she'll grow on me, but what if she doesn't? She's really sweet and I'm sure there's someone out there who'd adore her.

What would you suggest the woman you met do?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-01-2010, 12:08 PM
Tom Cat

relationships are fluid. We have a cat that went from being our darling, to that betch...
now she is getting really old and everyone is really liking her now. She's mellowed, and we spoil her. During the middle portion of her life, we actually tried to rehome her but the prospective new cat owner didn't bite.
so I think you do have choices here. Try to rehome her, see if you can't "get along" better. make a little more of an effort, buy her a new toy, give her special time.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-01-2010, 01:11 PM
Premier Cat

I haven't enountered that with a cat but I have a horse that I ... Just. Can't. Connect. With. It is driving me batty! She is not happy here and I think the major problem is she prefers to live in a broodmare herd and not in her own corral. I'll be looking to re-home her so she can live the life she prefers and find a different horse for myself.

post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-03-2010, 01:42 AM
Cat Addict

I think it happens and you shouldn't feel bad. Animals have personalities and just like human personalitites, sometimes people just rub you the wrong way. Animals do it too. Doesn't mean someone else won't instantly click with her.

I had the issue with Thurston, but I think it stemmed from the fact that he wasn't mine to start with. I inhereted him and I knew his owner could come back and claim him at any point and I didn't want to feel that pain, so I distanced myself.

Rachael with Thurston, Sully and Ninja.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Puzzles and Tyler, Gone but never forgotten
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page