Drought, Cloudburst, and Prayers - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-03-2010, 05:00 PM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

Send a message via MSN to Jeanie
Drought, Cloudburst, and Prayers

We have had a terrible drought, but today, we got a real downpour! I'm so glad it rained, but I wish it would have continued. I was hoping for the best flower beds I'd ever had, and I did my best to keep them watered, but everything drooped because of the 90 degree weather. The rain has cooled us down to 72, so there might be hope for New England.

The only problem is that my daughter is on her way home from Maine. She stopped in Connecticut and stayed with my nephew for a day or two, but I'm sure she's coming home today. I hope she pulls over if it hits her on route.! This was the kind of rain you can't see through. So pray for her to have a safe trip, please.

Jeanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

A dog, I have always said, is prose; a cat is a poem. ~Jean Burden
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-03-2010, 05:19 PM
Premier Cat

No matter how old they are, we will always worry! Here's wishing your daughter a safe trip home.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-03-2010, 05:34 PM
Cool Cat

Hmmph, Jeanie, it passed right over me on the way to your house. We got a 2-minute sprinkle. Everything here is brown and dry. I haven't had the strength to frequently water the windbreak trees I planted way UP the hill, and I was hoping rain today might save some of them. But it didn't happen. I think I've lost close to 50 trees.

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in his shoes. That way, when you criticize him, you're a mile away and you have his shoes.

=(^.^)= Elsie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-03-2010, 06:18 PM
Premier Cat

Come on home Jeanie's daughter!

Elsie, I am sorry that you are facing losing so many trees. We missed the rain here also, except for about 3 sprinkles.

I really am looking forward to the cooler temperatures. I would trade the heat for several inches of snow anytime (please remind me of this statement in Feb. when I am whining because I am cold).

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Molly Brown December 2006- January 9, 2013
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-03-2010, 06:31 PM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

Thanks for the kind thoughts!

Elsie, I'm so sorry you are going to lose your trees. That's so upsetting! I don't understand this August's weather. This is usually the thunderstorm month. According to the news from Pittsburgh, it was a thunderstorm, and Kelsey, the collie, thought so too, because she came running to me. But we had no lightning or thunder. I know I'm not telling you anything new, but the lightning would have release nitrogen from the atmosphere, and we would have had a double blessing! My grass is almost completely brown.

Leazie, as long as I have an air conditioner, you can keep winter! I am cold all winter, even with the furnace on and a fire in the fireplace! I love summer, but not when it's 90 degrees!

Jeanie

post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-03-2010, 06:56 PM
Banned

Hope she gets through it J.

Last edited by Huge; 09-03-2010 at 07:17 PM.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-03-2010, 07:23 PM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

Thanks, Hugh. PA is 300 miles across, so hopefully the storm will have broken up. She should be home in an hour or two. I'm waiting for a phone call. Susan was right; we worry about our babies, no matter what their age!

Jeanie

post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-03-2010, 07:50 PM
Banned

Don't you just

My mum's just the same.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-03-2010, 08:11 PM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

She just called! She's home, safe and sound. She ran into a storm on route 80, which runs across northern PA, so we're not the only ones who had a cloudburst today.

Jeanie

post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-03-2010, 11:09 PM
Super Moderator

I love when I read a worrying thread for the first time and it's already resolved! Whew!!!

A horrible, sudden downpour that you can't see to drive in is what caused that 69 car pile-up in Phoenix the other day. Closed down the freeway for hours.

I got caught in one when I drove from New Hampshire to San Diego (first time on a freeway, too!), and a big-rig truck driver guided me safely to an exit. Because of that, I'm the driver that lets them in front of me. They can never catch a break in traffic.

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.
Always in my heart, my sweet Cali, running free at the Bridge.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page