What a summer! :( - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-03-2010, 08:40 PM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

What a summer! :(

I have never had such a roller-coaster time in my life! I am dreading making small talk at my son's school next week ~ what am I going to say to all those nice moms...?

Our son had teeth out in June, and then had a relapse of staph (remember that thread from last summer about MRSA?) so he literally spent all of June in a bathtub doing soaks or using compresses along with medicine and all of my natural remedies

Then he went on a great trip back East (the Boy Scout centennial Jamboree!) but came back with destroyed feet - athlete's foot and blisters from 100+ degree heat / humidity and no chance to rotate out shoes but no staph he's 100% well on that regard the summer's bright spots

I overdid it with housework and cleaning before we had company and had arthritis that lasted a whole month I could hardly move or turn the key in my car or hold anything and now I realize that if I am not careful I will end up a cripple because I have hypermobility syndrome (weird rare condition).

One of my closest friend's mom has had a dangerous relapse of cancer - she's back East with her right now while they operate I hope she makes it!

My other closest friend's elderly dad just died last week in D.C. she was his caretaker / closest daughter, and she is having to close out his affairs by herself (everyone else is here in Calif)

One of our tenants is terribly ill - the husband has come down with rare lymphoma/leukemia; they have a three-year old and a thirteen-year old at home, and the man himself (from the Bahamas) is the most beautiful God-loving open-hearted person you can imagine I am so sad for the family, and I am researching like mad to help him keep his health thru chemo

Hubby got laid off last month just as he came back from vacation (he took time off while our son was traveling) after only a year and half at his new job, he is so discouraged by the crummy jobs and low pay out there right now

My 80-year old dad fell yesterday (tripped on a sidewalk curb) broke shoulder and knee !! - cracked two places in the knobby part of the humerus just where it meets his shoulder plus cracked his patella. He fought like the dickens to avoid surgeries and the doctors had to admit that it actually wasn't necessary for either injury unless the breaks get more damaged somehow, but it looks like he will have to stay at a rehab center down south for maybe two or three months

A Gracie tidbit we are finding very interesting...We have been all upside down about my dad ( I was there when he fell and at the emergency room all day with him) and helping my mom, too. Today when Hubby and I were talking Gracie came in and sat staring at us INTENTLY in this totally laser-focused way which we have never seen before, as if she were trying to read our minds. It reminded me of Temple Grandin, and thinking in pictures, so Hubby and I each took a turn telling her about my dad, while we made sure to visualize key scenes and feel how we felt at those moments, so she could know. First she stared at me, then at Hubby. Very intense!!

Fran
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-03-2010, 08:54 PM
Premier Cat

Wow! (((hugs))) *closes eyes to send good thoughts and healing wishes*

post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-03-2010, 09:45 PM
Cat Addict

You have had more on your plate then anyone deserves. What a pile up of sad stuff! I hope Autumn will bring better things your way. Good thought and prayers to you and your family and friends.

Sue

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-03-2010, 09:59 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via MSN to Jeanie
Fran, I'm so sorry you're going through all of this. My prayers are with you and all those who are ill. God bless and keep you strong.

Jeanie

A dog, I have always said, is prose; a cat is a poem. ~Jean Burden
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-03-2010, 10:59 PM
Super Moderator

Wow, Fran.

The job situation really isn't getting any better here in California.

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.
Always in my heart, my sweet Cali, running free at the Bridge.

post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-04-2010, 03:06 AM
Premier Cat

Send a message via Yahoo to my5kitties
Quote:
Originally Posted by marie73 View Post
The job situation really isn't getting any better here in California.
Tell me about it and now my 18 year old son is looking for a job, too. He got the "either stay in school or get a job" lecture from his dad. Easy for dad to say, he has a job.

----------
Renée
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-04-2010, 03:42 AM
Cat Addict

What a crummy summer! I'm so sorry Fran. Praying for your Dad and your tenant.

Rachael with Thurston, Sully and Ninja.

Puzzles and Tyler, Gone but never forgotten
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page